[LIVE] What will changing motherboards do to install?
I have a question: I am currently running XBMCbuntu v30 on my nVidia ION 330-setup. I just ordered a Fusion (AMD E-350) motherboard. Can I just swap these motherboards out and expect XBMCbuntu to boot like nothing has happened, or do I need to do a clean reinstall?
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
you will need to install the amd GFX driver(fglrx). You also might want to try the xvba branch as video hardware acceleration with vaapi does not work well on AMD.
x5nder Wrote:I have a question: I am currently running XBMCbuntu v30 on my nVidia ION 330-setup.
Good choice. Smile Nvidia has the best supported driver on Linux. VDPau works like a charm (almost).

x5nder Wrote:I just ordered a Fusion (AMD E-350) motherboard. Can I just swap these motherboards out and expect XBMCbuntu to boot like nothing has happened,
You have to deinstall the Nvidia-driver and to install the ATI driver (Catalyst). Furthermore you'll likely notice a higher CPU-Usage and a performance decrease due to the change from nvidia to ATI.

x5nder Wrote:or do I need to do a clean reinstall?
I don't think so. You should consider afterwards to replace the fusion board by a solution with a nvidia graphics card, e.g. ION in order to get a better performance.

Have fun. Smile
open the panel
unscrew the screws
remove the tray
remove the connector plate
ensure proper joining of wires and connectors

howtoinstallmotherboard.info
musv Wrote:You have to deinstall the Nvidia-driver and to install the ATI driver (Catalyst). Furthermore you'll likely notice a higher CPU-Usage and a performance decrease due to the change from nvidia to ATI.

Mmmm... The sweet taste of FUD.

Anyway. Install the XvBA fork of Xbmc (you'll find a big topic on this very subforum, they have their own PPA). You should be set. I prefer the XvBA approach to VA-API.

Edit: the link is actually in wsnipex's signature Tongue.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] What will changing motherboards do to install?0