AppleTV2 and XBMC problems
I am new to all of this, but I have an apple TV2 software version 4.4.4 which is jailbroken.
I'm trying to get xbmc to work. It is installed as well as nito tv.
Every time I try to open xbmc it just goes to a blank screen and sends me back to the main menu screen.
On nito tv under install software XBMC-ATV2 , it says version 11.0-0-b1
I installed this with apt-get.
When I try to update it says it has the newest version.

Here are the log files that I could get. I do not have any XBMC log files under preferences. I have never gotten XBMC to work.

sys log - http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/826069/

crash reporter - http://pastebin.com/fWpUGRA0

I have done as some of the post say, delete (1) metadata.themoviedb.org
(2) xbmc.metadata, and (3) metadata.common.themoviedb.org and tried to reinstall from nitotv.

But it tells me i have the newest version of xbmc and doesn't change.
Disconnection from the internet does not help either.

I accidentally upgraded from 4.3 when I purchased the ATV2 a few weeks ago.Sad Is this just a 4.4.4 problem?

Any sugestions?
Did you already try to rejailbreak?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have not tried a rejailbrake yet. I have version 4.4.4 Can you revert back to a previous version for a jailbrake if you do not have a SHSH blobs using a website like
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

I've read where you can't do this, but I ran across this website and wondered if it worked.

Thanks
did not work for me. I tried all day as well!
:-(
in my thread xbmc team member said we have to wait untill seasonpass resolve issues...
tider37 Wrote:I have not tried a rejailbrake yet. I have version 4.4.4 Can you revert back to a previous version for a jailbrake if you do not have a SHSH blobs using a website like
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

I've read where you can't do this, but I ran across this website and wondered if it worked.

Thanks

You can only downgrade to versions that Apple are still signing (currently 4.4.4 and I believe 4.4.3) unless you have SHSH blobs and TinyUmbrella and then you can go back to whatever version you still have SHSH blobs, but without them, it's a no go i'm afraid.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Thanks . I see 4.4.4 is working for some people although buggy. Since I cannot get anything to work, I guess a restore and jailbreak again is all I can try. Under maintenance on the main menu, when I pull up manage extras it has no content as well.
Only the icon that says manage extras .
First time I setup my ATV2 is was crashing all the time. Davilla recommended a re-jailbreak and everything has been perfect ever since.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
If you want to be serious about it do a factory restore first to reaally make sure there are no gremlins in it.

"Nuke it from orbit; It's the only way to be sure"
You mean do a total restore in Itunes?
I know this is getting out of the realm of XBMC, but...

Ok, i tried to do a restore in itunes on appletv. It gave message: Appletv could not be restored due to unknown error (21)

The error message said:
Error 20, 21, 34, 37: These errors typically occur when security software interferes with the restore and update process. If you are using a PC, follow this article to resolve this issue.

I have a mac 10.5.8 (leopard)

I made sure
(1) itunes was up to date
(2)OS was up to date
(3)Disconnected other usb devices
(4)Check security settings
(5) restart computer

None of this helped.
I do not have any security software installed, just wondering what to do to get a successful restore. (what is holding out the restore, it seems to be security related, but I don't know what)

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV2 and XBMC problems0