Family guy ordering
Okay so I have searched the forums for this topic and have yet to find a solution that will work for me.

Basically what I am getting is Volumes 6 and 7 of Family guy are not showing up in XBMC in the correct order (or DVD order as opposed to Aired I guess) and for the life of me can't figure out how to fix it.

I have already gone through and set the defaults for the scraper and the folder to "DVD order" and have cleaned the database and re-imported the folder and nothing seems to work.

Is this a bug or can this actually be resolved? So far I have only noticed on Family Guy Volume 6 and 7 .. all the previosu volumes are correct.

Thanks.
Hello,

Have you checked TheTVdb to make sure that the DVD order for Volumes 6 & 7 have been entered into the db? If not, you may want to enter that data for yourself and others to use.
If that is not the problem, I don't know what it could be.

Mark
Are all the seasons in their own folders? Try throwing a tvshow.nfo file in the folders with only this text:
Code:
[url]http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75978&lid=7[/url]
I've had to do this for only a couple shows where it wasn't going into the library correctly (or at all). There are other ways to fix this, such as modifying the algorithms that the scraper uses, but this is often the easiest short-term fix.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

Have you checked TheTVdb to make sure that the DVD order for Volumes 6 & 7 have been entered into the db? If not, you may want to enter that data for yourself and others to use.
If that is not the problem, I don't know what it could be.

Mark
Yep and they are in the right order per the site.

That is why this is so goofy...
akevit Wrote:Are all the seasons in their own folders? Try throwing a tvshow.nfo file in the folders with only this text:
Code:
[url]http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75978&lid=7[/url]
I've had to do this for only a couple shows where it wasn't going into the library correctly (or at all). There are other ways to fix this, such as modifying the algorithms that the scraper uses, but this is often the easiest short-term fix.
They are in their own folders and I will give what you suggest a shot.

Thanks.
Well after some digging, I looked on tvdb and found the issue. They now have (wasn't like this before I don't think) both the aired and dvd order the same ... and it isn't right.

I'd see about changing it but it's locked and the guys there have been... well.. lets just say less than helpful.

Is there some way I can force the order myself?
nusse Wrote:I'd see about changing it but it's locked and the guys there have been... well.. lets just say less than helpful.

Less than helpful with what? Did you even ask about this issue there? Rather than disparage the people who "volunteer" to take care of that site, perhaps you should go over there and ask about the DVD order.

Yeah...I'm one of the people who volunteer to take care of the site mostly from vandals who go about rearranging stuff to suit their own needs.
I just hope that if you do go over there and inquire about "Family Guy", someone else helps you because it won't be me!

Mark
Quote:Is there some way I can force the order myself?

NFO files (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...V_Episodes) may be worth looking into.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
mwkurt Wrote:Less than helpful with what? Did you even ask about this issue there? Rather than disparage the people who "volunteer" to take care of that site, perhaps you should go over there and ask about the DVD order.

Yeah...I'm one of the people who volunteer to take care of the site mostly from vandals who go about rearranging stuff to suit their own needs.
I just hope that if you do go over there and inquire about "Family Guy", someone else helps you because it won't be me!

Mark
I've asked about this and other topics over there and have gotten typical responses such as in the context of yours and I am not the only one. There are plenty of threads on here and elsewhere commenting about how people are treated there that ask questions .. so my comments are nothing new.

That isn't what this thread is about so I am not going to discuss it further.
pseudo7 Wrote:NFO files (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...V_Episodes) may be worth looking into.

Thank you I will check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Family guy ordering0