Cleaning file names syntax
I noticed that some movies aren't found when querying the crawler.

I was wondering if it would help if i clean my files names and delete all the useless crap

For example this movie wasn't found:

Humains.FRENCH.DVDRiP-SERUM.avi

until i renamed it to

Humains.avi

if i remove the tags, can it have a negative effect on crawing results ?
clean the file names. only good things will result.
Thanks

Is there some sort of tags to put comments inside file name and tell XBMC that this is not part of the real name ??

Something like:

Born To Race (Car movie 2011 screener quality).avi
And XBMC would only scrape for "Born To Race" and ignoring everything between ( )

Last question, this is offtopic but how can i add all files to my movie database even if the scraping was unable to find any results ?? I have a couple of movies that were not found in IMDB so i am unable to see them in my xbmc movie collection Sad
Anything in square brackets [ ] will always get stripped.

For movies not in imdb, you can always write your own custom .nfo files and put them in the movie folder.
Thanks !

So for the movies that were not scrapped, the only way to add them to the library is to manually create a .NFO file ? There is no way to add it to library without NFO ?
There's an awesome free utility out there names "theRenamer" that will strip all those unwanted tags out of there automatically. You can even automate the process if you wanted to.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cleaning file names syntax0