Apple TV Gen 1 Install
Sounds like you need to pair the remote with your ATV. To pair the remote you need to hold down the >>| button (the right half of the circle) and the "Menu" button simultaneously for about 6 seconds. I forget whether or not you get a popup when the pairing is complete, but that should do it.

Once you have the remote paired, you should be able to adjust your overscan and resolution through the XBMC settings menu(s).
ATV1 does not use iOS, just to be clear.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I've read about screen color tinting being a problem with the HDMI controller firmware on the ATV1. Good news, there's a fix. Bad news, you have to go back to ATV original OS (3.0.2) to apply the firmware update. That's assuming this is related to the current problem.

I'll look more into it when I can. I've got 6 ATV1s to set up with Crystalbuntu in the next few days :)
Thanks guys. I was lucky & got the remote working again. I did have my ATV updated to 3.0.2 before starting this process, I was a bit lucky that way. I lucked out & figured out how to adjust the picture to fit, thanks to a few posts from 08. I am adding a few libraries at a time to see how things go. I have noticed that I don't have any sound right now, not sure why. It could be my set-up in the theater area. I'll play with it when some of the libraries build more. You guys have been great with helping me out. Thank you again. I'll let you know how it goes.
blipside Wrote:I have noticed that I don't have any sound right now, not sure why.

I will assume that you are using only HDMI. There is info on this here but the short version is that you have to create a custom output device:
Quote:it is necessary to go to Settings > System > Audio Output and select the use of a Custom Device (obviously enabling Digital Sound Output), the custom device must be entered exactly as:
Code:
plughw:0,3
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
My set up is a little wierd. I am running HDMI to the TV for video, but running RCA jacks to a switch box (that my Wii & X-Box 360 are also connected to) for the audio. The switch box goes to my DVD player for sound/video & then from there to the TV. It was working when I had the ATV OS on it, but not at the moment. I've only tried one song, so it could be that or maybe I hooked things up wrong when I was messing with the cables to get the video to work the way I wanted. After my achievement (I know it's not that big) of getting the software installed & the video correctly sized, I thought I would take a break while a few other things update to the library.
If you aren't using the sound over the HDMI, rename or delete the /etc/asound.conf file and select analog out in the Settings > System > Audio Output. (Remember to reboot after renaming/deleting the file.)

Gratz on sticking with it and getting it going!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
TechLife, thanks for the info. I tried it & now I can here all of the clicks going through the menu. I got the sound working. It took me a little bit to figure out all of the possibilities on the Audio Output. Thanks for everything guys. Now it's time to go to bed.
blipside Wrote:Thanks guys. I was lucky & got the remote working again. I did have my ATV updated to 3.0.2 before starting this process, I was a bit lucky that way. I lucked out & figured out how to adjust the picture to fit, thanks to a few posts from 08. I am adding a few libraries at a time to see how things go. I have noticed that I don't have any sound right now, not sure why. It could be my set-up in the theater area. I'll play with it when some of the libraries build more. You guys have been great with helping me out. Thank you again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi, Im wondering how did you update your ATV1 software ? Mine is on 1.0 and wont finish d/ling from the SETTINGS menu.
I only hooked up the ATV a few weeks ago. I have had it for a year now & didn't do anything with it. A friend was staying with me for a week & talked about his ATV2. He said we should hook it up, so I did. I played with it for a couple of days, thought it sucked & started looking for ways to make it better. When I hooked the ATV up it did all of the software updating before I even started using it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV Gen 1 Install0