• 41(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
Hello !

I have a bug when I play a video, on the information (I) :
Some letters are not display, example : "3 : 5/92: " instead of "32:25/92:34"

Sorry for my english it's hard to describe.

I don't know if it the beta or the hd audio patch but it's since I install the beta 3 hd audio build.

Thank you
Guys,

I am having a problem with the latest version from Damian that incorporates this audio patch and I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on how to troubleshoot it.

I also, at about the same time, changed my graphics card from Intel onboard graphics to Radeon 6450, so it's possible that the change to the Radeon caused the problem.

I start Windows and have XBMC automatically execute at startup via a start menu item that runs XBMC with a delay (-d option). I had been doing this for months with a -d 4 which is a four second delay and was always adequate for launching XBMC automatically.

After the latest version (and graphics card changed) I observed that XBMC would wind up minimized and the PC would wind up back at the Windows desktop after start up happened... so, I figured it needs more time and I extended the delay to 8 seconds.

Unfortunately the problem is still happening. Interestingly XBMC will run, go full screen then about 15-20 seconds later it will go minimized on the Windows desktop, but no other applications appear to be running so I'm not sure how to track down what is causing this. As indicated, this has been working for months and the only things that have changed are the graphics card and the XBMC Eden build I am using.

Any insight to fixing this is much appreciated.... if the patch is not involved I can take it to the hardware forum.
Mati24 Wrote:Hello !

I have a bug when I play a video, on the information (I) :
Some letters are not display, example : "3 : 5/92: " instead of "32:25/92:34"

Sorry for my english it's hard to describe.

I don't know if it the beta or the hd audio patch but it's since I install the beta 3 hd audio build.

Thank you

Make sure that allowd3d9ex is set to true in your advancedsettings.xml file

<allowd3d9ex>true</allowd3d9ex>
voip-ninja Wrote:Guys,

I am having a problem with the latest version from Damian that incorporates this audio patch and I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on how to troubleshoot it.

I also, at about the same time, changed my graphics card from Intel onboard graphics to Radeon 6450, so it's possible that the change to the Radeon caused the problem.

I start Windows and have XBMC automatically execute at startup via a start menu item that runs XBMC with a delay (-d option). I had been doing this for months with a -d 4 which is a four second delay and was always adequate for launching XBMC automatically.

After the latest version (and graphics card changed) I observed that XBMC would wind up minimized and the PC would wind up back at the Windows desktop after start up happened... so, I figured it needs more time and I extended the delay to 8 seconds.

Unfortunately the problem is still happening. Interestingly XBMC will run, go full screen then about 15-20 seconds later it will go minimized on the Windows desktop, but no other applications appear to be running so I'm not sure how to track down what is causing this. As indicated, this has been working for months and the only things that have changed are the graphics card and the XBMC Eden build I am using.

Any insight to fixing this is much appreciated.... if the patch is not involved I can take it to the hardware forum

Have you run msconfig and had a look at the startup tab to see what programs are launching?
Interesting additional data point.

If I do anything with the remote control after XBMC initially launches, like press an arrow key so that XBMC sees I did something, the problem does not happen. So, it's almost like XBMC is not obeying the option set with true fullscreen, and is acting like XBMC is windowed, so that if I don't do anything after a few seconds, XBMC is minimized or loses application focus.
Slipx Wrote:Have you run msconfig and had a look at the startup tab to see what programs are launching?

Excellent idea! I unchecked Catalyst Control Center (the only new thing in there) from startup and I think it cleared it up.
DDDamian Wrote:Are you using DXVA and true fullscreen (not fullscreen window)?

yup, DXVA2 in the second option (should it also be used as the first option, I think I have that set to AUTO) true fullscreen.
I also have xbmc running as a shell so no start up progs in the background.
voip-ninja Wrote:Excellent idea! I unchecked Catalyst Control Center (the only new thing in there) from startup and I think it cleared it up.

Good advice to check there in msconfig. I never auto-start CCC. Any other issues try add -fs to the xbmc command line options, but sounds as though another app like CCC started after XBMC.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
greysquirrel Wrote:yup, DXVA2 in the second option (should it also be used as the first option, I think I have that set to AUTO) true fullscreen.
I also have xbmc running as a shell so no start up progs in the background.

You say the sync is good after ripping with a new program (not MakeMKV) but the video speed is too slow or too fast now? Just wondered what you used to rip. Only on TrueHD? Just want to rule out the rip program.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
voip-ninja Wrote:Excellent idea! I unchecked Catalyst Control Center (the only new thing in there) from startup and I think it cleared it up.

It is a ccc problem because I had the same problem and disabling ccc corrected this but it createsotr problems because I noticed when not having ccc loaded up I get pulsing picture brightness on some videos. It's hard to explain but it's like when a picture was moving it was like a flashing tearing effect. I tried the same video with ccc on and off and found when ccc was loaded the problem was gone but when it was disabled it was causing problems.

So now I just use sleep mode so when I wake the pc up ixbmc is loaded.

This is another xbmc bug becasue if you launch xbmc by using a mouse it does not minimise to a window when the ccc is loaded. Try it I bet it does not minimise. It's only when u load it from the start menu it happens. It must load program's differently from a mouse to a startup folder.

I hoped it was going to be fixed in this version but I guess not.

There are about 3 serious bugs with xbmc which have been going on for years but they never seem to want to fix them. They should post a sticky for them problems if it can not be fixed within xbmc if its not a xbmc problem and could have workarounds for this eg the juddering video problem when a pc has been on a long time or in standby which is directx related and only a xbmc reset will fix it. The workaround was a script that would reset xbmc on wake up.

Things like that.
I give up.

I did everything you suggested and nothing solved the problem of not being able to enjoy the HD audio. I thank everyone who helped me. It only works with another TV. Not with the LG TV does not even have updates.

Thank you very much everyone.

Adiós.
watanave Wrote:I give up.

I did everything you suggested and nothing solved the problem of not being able to enjoy the HD audio. I thank everyone who helped me. It only works with another TV. Not with the LG TV does not even have updates.

Thank you very much everyone.

Adiós.

Sorry we couldn't help. Small consolation but perhaps using component cables is a workaround, just limits you to 1080i. Not sure how old the TV is, but my 3yr old LG is fine w/HDMI. Must be the firmware in the TV.
@meridius - Does CCC open to a window or to the tray? Have you tried launching XBMC with the -fs switch for fullscreen? Might prevent the minimization you see.
Awesome!

Is this supported by default in Eden?

If not, is there a patch only version? Not the entire install.
Why HDMI only? I use optic s/pdif.
Ballistic Wrote:Awesome!

Is this supported by default in Eden?

If not, is there a patch only version? Not the entire install.
Why HDMI only? I use optic s/pdif.

Not supported by default in Eden - it's quite new and Windows-only. You will need to do the install, which is no big deal.

Unfortunately DTS-MA and TrueHD are HDMI-only formats.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17