Send airplay FROM xbmc TO iOS devices
Hi, I've been looking around for this since Eden have been released, but it seems like it is something not discussed that much.
My question is simple:
Is it possible to send an "airplay audio or/and video stream" FROM xbmc TO iOS/airplay devices?
I know viceversa is possible and it works really well, so I'm guessing if it is that difficult to set up an "inverse stream".
Thanks.
m
not possible with eden...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No. There is no way to sink from XBMC to AirPort.

You can theoretically run it on the iPhone: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1225597
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
thanks.
I'll try to figure out a work around.
darkscout Wrote:No. There is no way to sink from XBMC to AirPort.

You can theoretically run it on the iPhone: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1225597

I am not sure if Shareport is still around.

I have tried airserver on ios. This acts as an airplay receiver. It is a cydia application and it works very well on the ios 5.

Where you will struggle is sending the stream, especially a video stream from xbmc or xbmc platform to it.

There are two options that I know that send a stream, both of which are platform based:

1. Safari's Click2plugin extension.
2. Itunes.

The latest airfoil speakers update that I had seen mentioned that it can capture a stream from a mac. eg. If you have airfoil speakers running on the ios device, it can capture a stream that is playing on the mac. You need to read more about it to see if it helps. Its probably only audio and I'm not sure if it can pick it up from xbmc either.

Let us know if you find any workarounds.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Send airplay FROM xbmc TO iOS devices0