[RELEASE] buggalo - automatic exception collector
hello twinther,

First thank you for this great module. Thank you also for the great idea. I didn't try it yet, but I liked the concept.
Here are some suggestions for improvements

1. Allow a way to specify the error dialog title/message. It will be also great to allow multiple title/message by passing a list of them to a method, and then randomly pick one pair and display it when an error occur.
e.g.
buggalo.setErrorMessage('title here', 'error message here') #one message only
or
buggalo.setErrorMessage([['title1', 'message1'], ['title2', 'message2']]) #pick one randomly each time

2. It would be great if you can keep track of the execution flow. For example the user choose one entry, then from there choose another one, then from there choose an entry that cause an exception. It would be helpful to send the flow up to a given number (3 steps, or make it a definable variable). This can be done by using else (try, except, else) you can there register the path of the script in a log file, and when an exception happens, you just pull the last N paths from the log and send it with the exception dump (I assume it can be done with function decorator). It will help the developer reproduce the error by following the same steps.

3. Don't know if this is possible or not, maybe you can have a third button to show what you are going to send (More Info button). This will comfort the end-user as he will see what is going to be send, and it will allow the developer to see the log when he face the exception himself without sending it to himself.

These what I thought of once I saw this module, I'll make sure to add anything else if it comes to mind.

Messages In This Thread
passing in variables? - by Bstrdsmkr - 2012-02-18, 03:30
[No subject] - by twinther - 2012-02-18, 12:56
[No subject] - by Martijn - 2012-02-18, 13:20
[No subject] - by Bstrdsmkr - 2012-02-19, 06:10
[No subject] - by Martijn - 2012-02-20, 19:09
[No subject] - by bossanova808 - 2012-02-21, 07:09
[No subject] - by twinther - 2012-02-21, 18:09
[No subject] - by twinther - 2012-02-21, 20:55
[No subject] - by twinther - 2012-02-26, 10:14
RE: [RELEASE] buggalo - automatic exception collector - by tria - 2012-06-24, 12:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] buggalo - automatic exception collector3