• 35(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
no problems. I have run it that way many times, although not lately, admittedly. But I know others use it that way.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
hi there , iam trying to run this on the atv2 , but as i have figured out by reading a little is that there is no binarie for the xbmc atv2 ,
soes anybody know if there is a way to get squeezeslave on the atv2 so that i can use it a a player , i want to control it from my controllapplication on the phone but i wanted to be able to sync with my other slaves. or is it a dead end ?
The squeezeslave developer said 'no chance' when I asked about this unfortunately.

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
So I can't choose the correct sound output in the xsqueeze settings. I need the spdif/digital from nvidia (ion board and old receiver with no hdmi inputs). I get the manual choices of nvidia analog and nvidia hdmi along with some of the standard alsa choices and only a few of the surround modes. No spdif or digital anywhere. Thoughts? this is with openelec 2.95.5 beta build. The default choice seems to go with nvidia analog. Is there a way to input a sound hardware address directly in the arguments or is there something I'm missing here
Try runnigng squeezeslave from the command line - easier to work out there.

And over at the slimdevices forum, the squeezeslave author answers questions prety quickly usually.

ok i'll give that a shot thanks
Hi,

I'm new here. A long time Squeezebox user I'm looking to integrate my two existing Squeezebox Duets with an HTPC that can output 24/96 to TacT digital amplifiers. Something that could handle both music and movies.

I read the Wiki for XSqueeze and I wonder if someone here would care to explain how the XSqueeze relates to the Audio Engine in XBMC?

BTW I do not have XBMC installed, nor have I set up a media pc yet, I'm just occasionally watching media on an old laptop with WMC, so it's "early days" for me.
There is no relationship to AudioEngine.

XSqueeze suspends AE and then uses it's own external squeezebox compatible player (squeezeslave). I don't think squeezeslave supports hi def music formats...but you can ask over on their thread of course.

When XSqueeze is exited, it resumes AE.
Thank you for the explanation. Yep, you're right only 44.1 in Squeezeslave, although there may be some work going on to work up to 24/96.
I think squeezelite supports hi def formats.
3 problems with squeezelite for me - it's unix only (I use Windows on my main machine, OE on another) - I don't use spotify/hi def. etc, and I am not sure whether it will embed easily with the two line display a la squeezeslave.

I saw someone asking about making squeezelite into a shared library and integrating properly into XBMC - that might be interesting!

But I think for me I won't do much more, with the death of the squeeze line, I am looking at other options now. And ultimately I see xbmc itself in most rooms as the logical future....or some other similar PC + screen option given that's so cheap now....so some sort of pc based, synced music system is where I see this going.

That said I'd happily accept a pull request for squeezelite integration if you can hack it in, should only be a few hours work for someone with some Python skills...

(2012-12-29, 20:54)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I think squeezelite supports hi def formats.

Thank you. I had completely missed this app.
(2012-12-30, 06:36)bossanova808 Wrote: 3 problems with squeezelite for me - it's unix only (I use Windows on my main machine, OE on another) - I don't use spotify/hi def. etc, and I am not sure whether it will embed easily with the two line display a la squeezeslave.

I saw someone asking about making squeezelite into a shared library and integrating properly into XBMC - that might be interesting!

But I think for me I won't do much more, with the death of the squeeze line, I am looking at other options now. And ultimately I see xbmc itself in most rooms as the logical future....or some other similar PC + screen option given that's so cheap now....so some sort of pc based, synced music system is where I see this going.

That said I'd happily accept a pull request for squeezelite integration if you can hack it in, should only be a few hours work for someone with some Python skills...

I would be open to use Squeezelite on a dedicated Linux machine, I do NEED hi rez audio, and the display integration - I guess (so I could be wrong) this is important for the Squeezebox or the Touch, but perhaps less so if I use a phone as my main interface? Now, integration into XBMC would be fantastic as it allows high rez music and movies on one computer.
Hi. Does anyone know if there's a problem with the xsqueeze addon at the moment? It's stopped working on my setup. Thanks.
Working fine here Frodo RC3 on Windows.

Haven't tested other platforms, but was working with Openelec betas a couple weeks ago.

(So what is going wrong? - and supply a full debug log on pastebin!)
(2013-01-10, 00:40)bossanova808 Wrote: Working fine here Frodo RC3 on Windows.

Haven't tested other platforms, but was working with Openelec betas a couple weeks ago.

(So what is going wrong? - and supply a full debug log on pastebin!)

Hi bossanova808. Thanks for getting back to me. I'll try a reinstall first and if that doesn't clear the problem I'll post a debug log. Thanks again!

EDIT: Reinstalled and all is well. Next time i'll try the reinstall BEFORE I post! Sorry. Btw, thanks for a fantastic addon. I use it loads and xbmc wouldn't be anywhere near as useful for me without it! Brilliant work.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3