Can't find the menu to set the correct time
Hi all,

Could someone point me in the right direction for setting the correct time for XBMC Eden Beta 2 installed on Apple tv 2.

I have tried setting the time on apple's own menu by inputting my location (london uk) and also leaving the setting to automatic, nothing has helped even after several hours have passed the apple tv wont locate the time.

I can connect to the internet with either xbmc or the apples own menu so it cant be a network issue.

If I could find a way of setting the time from within XBMC I would be more than happy.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
have you tried unplugging it/replugging it back in? Re-jailbreak it maybe? AFAIK it's definitely set through the ATV default menu.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I was on the verge of re-jailbreaking my aptv2 but in the last few min's have found a fix for the issue.

If you are having the same problem as me where no matter how long you leave your apple tv 2 to obtain the time and date it just wont/cant do it. Try the following, it worked for me.

SSH into you apple tv 2 (I used putty.... username=root, password = alpine)

Input the following commands

To set the date:

date -s YYYY-MM-DD
ie. date -s 2012-02-08

To set the time:

date -s (current time in this 24hr format) HH:MM
ie. date -s 20:51

Hope this helps someone out, It saved me from re-jailbreaking my apple tv2 Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't find the menu to set the correct time0