Viewing TV via TV Tuner in XBMC?
Hi, I am a recent WMC/Media Browser user who was referred to your front-end and so far I am thoroughly pleased. I am still in the beginning stages, not having tinkered with the skins or other advanced customizations yet, but just the aesthetics are much smoother than WMC-MB.

The only thing I miss, and can't find, is the ability to view/record/schedule TV shows using my TV Tuner Card.

Is this possibly available in a future release? What alternatives do I have to record TV shows and deposit those files into folders which my XBMC has setup in it's library?

I believe if I want to use WMC's TV tuner feature, I would need to have that running in the background along with XBMC - and I am not sure my PC can handle that.

Thank you for your time and I am glad to have found this site.
It's a planned feature, and if you are willing to be a ginny pig, there are unofficial PVR/DVR builds out there that you can test.

For XBMC the feature acts as a "front end", meaning you have software that handles the PVR stuff, then XBMC runs on top of that and handles the GUI and playback.

It can sometimes take a bit of work to get going, and it's development software, so expect bugs and such, but check out this to get you started: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...TV_in_XBMC
Mythtv is also an option.
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm using a laptop currently as a guinea pig while I am building my HTPC. That way I'll be comfortable getting everything going without breaking it too much.

I'll toy around with some of those builds, seems like I will need to learn how to do some configuration/coding.
Hi. For someone not needing PVR/DVR features, does XBMC have a way to simply view OTA channels if the antenna is connected to a PCI tuner card? Like a added "TV" in the main menu or something like that?
(2012-02-09, 23:11)dizzyikea Wrote: Mythtv is also an option.

I have several Acer Revo's/eMachines running combined Mythtv/XBMC. Main box runs mythbackend and switchable (via remote) xbmc/mythfrontend. Secondary boxes simply run mythfrontend/xbmc

Blog is here with configuration info:

www.harley-jones.co.uk

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viewing TV via TV Tuner in XBMC?0