[XBMCbuntu] Fresh install, and desktop font is too small
The font issue was - not - solved using the new ISO. Instead I used the "DPI" hint in the link I just posted above your reply. For that you will need to edit the "xorg.conf" by hand.
Using: Zotac ZBOX ID84, Dual Core ATOM D2550, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD
Base system: OpenELEC 4.2 (XBMC 13.2 Gotham)
Big Grin 
I had this (tiny font) problem.. Took my an hour to fix.. But here goes :

In /etc/xorg.conf.

I added to the monitor Section:

Code:
Option                "DPI" "96 x 96 "

I googled it.. more people used that fix.
Fun fact : If you make a typo xbmcbuntu won't start anymore. You need to start in recovery mode to fix it Smile
Big Grin 
Thank you for the link moonwhaler. Dpi I issue was fixed by the help in the guide. Although the 200x200 setting still looks a bit big. I might have to try 96x96 as the guy above has. Kudos on googling it aswell because I trawled through the Linux help sites to no avail.
Thank you for these replies. The new ISO does not change anything to this problem. I will now switch to the "vanilla" Eden Beta 3 ISO and apply the DPI trick.
We should create a ticket on Trac for this bug, shouldn't we?
Just tried version 3.4, and I have tiny fonts so that I can't read anything in the installer Sad
v35 and possibly official RC1 is on its way - this is the only issue that remains to be tackled
setting
Option "DPI" "96 x 96"
in "Monitor" section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf works for me.

(2012-02-17, 23:16)moonwhaler Wrote: With the help of this little tutorial (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...d+chromium) I got it to work - at least considering the window size issues (still needed to manually "maximze" the window after launching fluxbox which throws you back to X11 / GNOME.

(2012-02-19, 12:44)kosm Wrote: I had this (tiny font) problem.. Took my an hour to fix.. But here goes :

In /etc/xorg.conf.

I added to the monitor Section:

Code:
Option                "DPI" "96 x 96 "

I googled it.. more people used that fix.
Fun fact : If you make a typo xbmcbuntu won't start anymore. You need to start in recovery mode to fix it Smile

/etc/xorg.conf does not exist in xbmcbuntu eden. where is it?
I think it's actually

/etc/X11/xorg.conf
Zotac ZBOX HD-ND22
XBMCBuntu
Frodo / Confluence
2 x 3TB HDD
flirc
Harmony 885
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but there's no /etc/X11/xorg.conf file on my system.
There's one called xorg.conf.08302014, but it doesn't seem to have any effect when I add the DPI settings there.
(2014-12-05, 23:39)Ambious Wrote: Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but there's no /etc/X11/xorg.conf file on my system.
There's one called xorg.conf.08302014, but it doesn't seem to have any effect when I add the DPI settings there.

i had a similar file, just did a "cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.08302014 /etc/X11/xorg.conf" and edited the new xorg.conf Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] Fresh install, and desktop font is too small0