[XBMCbuntu]
i am currently running lubuntu 11.10 with eden beta 2 on an old hp desktop.. i have had no problems so far running xbmc, used the repo's to install it. i just downloaded the xbmcbunut beta 3 and the cd will not load. it gets to the xbmcbuntu 11.10 screen then wont go any further. any ideas as to why it will not run? it runs fine on other computers. it is the same base OS that i currently use.
same problem, i have the boot screen but the process seems hang after this
Same here
What kind of machines are you using? Are you able to get into the commandline by pressing control + alt + F1 ? What method or software did you use in order to create the usb drive, or did you burn the iso to cd/dvd?
i am using hp pavillion i burnt the iso to cd. as i have stated tho lubuntu 11.10 AND xbmc work perfectly on this machine. it is only when i try the live cd of XBMCbuntu that it does this. i have had issues with Ubuntu 11.10 on this machine before.
so was wondering if XBMCbuntu is a Lubuntu base or an actual minimal Ubuntu base?
if it is an Ubuntu 11.10 base then i can understand what is happening since im not able to run Ubuntu on it, yet i can run Xubuntu and Lubuntu flawlessly lol
keltoi Wrote:if it is an Ubuntu 11.10 base then i can understand what is happening since im not able to run Ubuntu on it, yet i can run Xubuntu and Lubuntu flawlessly lol

It's based on Ubuntu 11.10, indeed.
ok then no worries...i will keep my current set up since it is just like xbmcbuntu except im using lubuntu 11.10 as my base.
on the upside...xbmc rocks and is the best media center i have used Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu]0