XBMC Eden Beta 3 - Movie Sets - film order issue.
ashlar Wrote:I saw reference to a movie sets plugin, does that allow to create movie sets on the fly from the GUI. I don't use TMDB and even if I did I doubt that the logic used for grouping movies would always satisfy my needs. I think sets are often best handled by hand, rather than automatically.

Correct. This has a GUI envirement for creating movieset from within xbmc. You need to turn on the XBMC websrver in network sttings for this. Add-on can be found in the passion-xbmc repo.

flybishop Wrote:Is there any way that I can see which movies are supposed to be in sets?

I ask because of all my movies only the troon collection grouped itself. I expected LOTR, bourne, terminator, etc to be in groups but they didn't. I never created any previous nfo files for it and all of the movie information has downloaded correctly.

Am I doing something wrong?

If they where already scraped in your library before the scraper update your will have to scrape them again. You can find out if they belong to a collection by searching the movie on http://www.themoviedb.org/
Those you have mentioned do belong to a collection so you probably need to remove them from your library and scan again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:For adding thumbs and fanart hit "C" while on the movie set and then you can change them (this cannot be done automatic at the moment)
Doesn't that only allow you to change the thumb? How do you get a background for sets? They do seem to appear sometimes but not sure how.
sjw1 Wrote:Doesn't that only allow you to change the thumb? How do you get a background for sets? They do seem to appear sometimes but not sure how.

Could be you still Dharma. Eden does allow setting custom fanart.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes I am Martin - thanks for that. I do get backdrops when hovering over the sets sometimes though. Not sure how.
Thanks.
Martijn Wrote:If they where already scraped in your library before the scraper update your will have to scrape them again. You can find out if they belong to a collection by searching the movie on http://www.themoviedb.org/
Those you have mentioned do belong to a collection so you probably need to remove them from your library and scan again.

Thanks, that worked!
jmarshall Wrote:Just a warning: We're currently considering dropping support for multiple sets per movie. Reason is two fold:

1. themoviedb.org supplies only 1 set, and plan to leave things that way.
2. If you have only one set, then flattening of sets (as done by default in XBMC) can keep things in set-order within the listing. i.e. we can group all the ocean's movies together in the correct order yet still have them show up in "O" for ocean's.

I'll be posting more about this in the future (concentrating on getting Eden out atm) but figured I should give a heads up before too many folk go and start inventing ways to use sets that are unorthodox Smile
Hi jmarshall. You know, while I understand themoviedb choice (it would be mine as well, not particularly interested in movie sets not actually based on real series), I think there's bound to be exceptions to this rule.

Leaving things as they are, what's the drawback? Being unable to do #2? Doesn't it work already that way? In my case I seem to remember it does (not at HTPC at the moment). I'm on beta 2 with manually created movie sets (.nfo stuff).

In any case, serious consideration should be given to special cases concerning very important movie series. Thinking about Star Wars (two trilogies not necessarily one might want to lump together), Star Trek (three series, considering JJ Abrams is working on a sequel to his first one), Lord of the Rings (there's Peter Jackson but you have the Bakshi movie, the upcoming Hobbit two films... one might want to lump them together under Tolkien or something...).

Basing a decision on an external website, reputable as it might be, doesn't sound to me like a wise choice, to be honest,.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
No decisions are based on external websites, though obviously consideration of them is taken into account.

The decision is purely based on what is best for XBMC - in this case, primarily number 2 in the list above. It makes no sense (and is impossible) to group movies in sets together in a flattened movie title listing if a movie can belong to more than one set. It is, however, valuable to order things that obviously are part of a set (the lord of the rings being a good example) together (LotR will do this anyway) and in the appropriate order (LotR will not do this).

The hobbit is not part of the LotR trilogy, so would not be part of that set.

If you wanted a group of all Tolkein movies, then use a grouping facility, not the set facility (eg tags/keywords/whatever make sense here).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I recently installed the official release of Eden and it looks like year is the default sorting for sets now. Which seems logical to me, except that it doesn't seem to look at the <sorttitle> tag in my nfo files and instead just uses the title for the secondary sorting rule.

I mostly use sets to group DVD extras with their respective movies. So I have movie X with two extras, with the year in all three set to 2009. In the extras nfo files, I have a sorttitle tag with a "zz" before the actual title, so that they always should be placed after the main movie, which I want to be the first thing highlighted when I open the set.

Unfortunately, while the sorttitle tags are definitely being used if I change the movie set sorting to title, it doesn't use them when it's set to year. The extras come before the movie, because the actual titles (not the sorttitles with the "zz") come first alphabetically.
I love The ability of Moviesets and like the sort order of year as default in sets. But what i think would be great is when I sort after year outside my movieset (regular database) all the sets should dissapear and movies inside the set would be sorted with all other movies. So only when i choose to sort my movie db after name the moviesets would show up. Perhaps this is a skinning issue?
(2012-04-06, 20:27)Brent212 Wrote: I recently installed the official release of Eden and it looks like year is the default sorting for sets now. Which seems logical to me, except that it doesn't seem to look at the <sorttitle> tag in my nfo files and instead just uses the title for the secondary sorting rule.

Is this something that's going to be fixed (or has already been fixed)? I'd love to not have to go into each set and change the sorting from date to title each time I set up a new xbmc installation. If date sorting worked the same way in sets as it does outside of sets (i.e., used sorttitle when movies have the same date), then I could leave them sorted by date.
So, I'm kinda confused here guys...I added "The Animatrix" to the Matrix Collection within themoviedb.org's website awhile ago and I recently obtained The Animatrix, but once I added The Animatrix to my collection (XBMC Eden v11.0) it is outside of the Matrix Collection. I kept on removing The Animatrix from within my XBMC library and then update my XBMC library hoping that it will automatically move into the Matrix Collection (this has worked before) but for whatever reason it is not going in there. So first question is, is this issue a syncing issue between my XBMC library and themoviedb.org website? Secondly, is there a way to manually move a movie into a collection?
You can manually add it to a collection using Add-on:XWMM (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden Beta 3 - Movie Sets - film order issue.0