Upgrading from Dharma to Eden Beta3
Hi,

Do I just install Beta 3 over my current installation of Dharma? I will of course back up my install dir first.

Just wondering if my current settings and general config will stay intact? What about shares/library? Do I need to start from scratch?

Any input appreciated :-)
hagur Wrote:Hi,

Do I just install Beta 3 over my current installation of Dharma? I will of course back up my install dir first.

Just wondering if my current settings and general config will stay intact? What about shares/library? Do I need to start from scratch?

Any input appreciated :-)

Backup your userdata folder not your install folder.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata

Just install on top of it. All your current settings/sources/library will remain intact.

Skin settings may change because you will get the Eden version of it and this be slightly different.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks!
Well, the upgrade went well ... except I apparently had my custom keymap in the install directory, the one in the userdata directory was empty. So I lost all my custom keymaps, but I remembered them and could recreate them easily.

One question thouigh. I'm using the Aeon Nox skin, and in Dharma I could highlight "Videos" from the main window and press the down-arrow and a submenu would appear where I could go to library - files - Add-ons etc. This does not seem to work in Eden. Probably a skin issue/setting ... ? Can I enable it somehow?
Hey, nevermind. It works now. Pretty sure it didn't last night :confused2:
how u finding beta 3 for reliability and performance vs 10.1 ? i have beta 3 installed on a laptop to just play with and i use the skin you have as well. Have you had any problems?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading from Dharma to Eden Beta30