What key combination am i pressing?
hi guys,

i've setup xbmc, almost perfectly now. But after doing every test i could think of, i thought i had cracked it...until i pressed the VRC-1100 remote key "close" which caused xbmc to close.

You might think why is this a problem...well i've setup xbmc to boot as a shell in windows and the only way is to shutdown the pc or put it to sleep.

So my question is what COMBINATION key press is the "close" button using? I checked on the ShowKey app, but i can't figure out exactly:-

KEYID: 115(0X73) - VK_MENU
MOD: ALT
<f4 mod="alt">Notification(Key, f4, 3)</f4>

I'm using Dharma 10.1 as its very stable. Once i know the combination, i will make an .exe file using AutoHotkey, which will then be executed to disable this key or remap it to log off on the press of this button.
Isn't ALT-F4 normally Close in windows?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Isn't ALT-F4 normally Close in windows?

Yes, the Close button on the VRC-1100 sends alt-F4.

You can configure XBMC to shut down the OS when it closes. System settings, System, Power saving I think.

JR
Thanks for the info guys.

Your right in saying that i can set XBMC (Dharma 10.1) to shutdown, via System settings, which i've already done and works fine if i press the Standby button on remote.

The problem i have is that on the press of the "Close Button" the remote is sending ALT+F4 command to xbmc, which is then simply Exiting into windows. But since i've disabled windows explorer, its just a blank screen which you can't get out of, without connecting a keyboard.

How can i setup the remote to instead send a command to tell XBMC to log off when the CLOSE button is pressed?
noobnas Wrote:How can i setup the remote to instead send a command to tell XBMC to log off when the CLOSE button is pressed?

You can't. The VRC-1100 is a good remote, but it's a budget remote and as such can't be configured. You could probably use something like AutoHotKey to trap the alt-F4 and trigger a shutdown.

JR
thanks mate. I've managed to solve this issue, by using autohotkey. I made the close button (ALT+F4) issue a Log Off command, so i'm very happy with that.

But i've currently got a lot bigger issue:-

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123901

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What key combination am i pressing?0