MySQL errors when upgrading from Dharma to Eden RC1
I seem to be having issues when upgrading from Dharma to the Eden RC1. First of all, I know that my XBMC user has the ability to create new databases. I currently have two databases, xbmc_video and xbmc_music. When I open Eden RC1, it creates two new databases called xbmc_video60 and xbmc_music18. Both of these databases seem to be copies of my previous databases (data in the tables looks the same and appears to be a perfect copy when I compare rows). However, it seems XBMC isn't actually making any use of the new databases as far as I can tell. I can't browse any of my videos or music (not in library mode etc). I have looked at my log and it appears that each time I open XBMC, it tries again to copy my databases and upgrade them. Here is a an example of what I'm seeing in the log:

http://pastebin.com/xvKMQK0n

Any thoughts? As I said, I know a lot of people have had problems with XBMC not being granted privileges to create new databases but I know this is not the case here. If I delete the xbmc_video60 and xbmc_music18 databases and then restart XBMC, it will immediately recreate them and copy my old database contents to them. Still, it seems something else is not working correctly. Does the error related to, "ALTER TABLE settings ADD VerticalShift float" have something to do with this? Also, I have actually connected in MySQL WB - SQL Editor as the user XBMC is running as and I can execute CREATE DATABASE statements and they complete with no errors.

Thanks.
Go back to Dharma, export the library, drop the databases, upgrade to Eden and let it create the databases by itself, then import.
The wiki has the answer:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...v10_to_v11
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL errors when upgrading from Dharma to Eden RC10