Another problem with HDMI and ION2 ZBOX
(2012-03-30, 21:14)koscica Wrote: This guide worked for me too. However I lost the menu sounds. Any ideas?

That happened to me at first too. The two things I know I did differently from that guide were that I don't use the custom name they did, I just used hdmi(ALSA) for both devices, and I didn't do the 48000 resample thing. If that doesn't work for you, give me a couple hours to get home from work and I'll post what I have in each of the files mentioned in the guide.

Oh, it's mentioned in that guide but only briefly, 'sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio' if you haven't done that yet.
(2012-03-31, 01:24)digitalb0y Wrote:
(2012-03-30, 21:14)koscica Wrote: This guide worked for me too. However I lost the menu sounds. Any ideas?

That happened to me at first too. The two things I know I did differently from that guide were that I don't use the custom name they did, I just used hdmi(ALSA) for both devices, and I didn't do the 48000 resample thing. If that doesn't work for you, give me a couple hours to get home from work and I'll post what I have in each of the files mentioned in the guide.

Oh, it's mentioned in that guide but only briefly, 'sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio' if you haven't done that yet.

For me it worked both ways hdmi(ALSA) and custom hdmi:CARD=NVidia. I did remove pulse audio in the beginning. However either way no clicking sounds in the menus.

Just in case anyone is interested I got the clicking sounds back when I reinstalled pulseaudio, however this messed up everything else so I decided to give up for now.

Also I just noticed that some you tube videos have no sound. I checked the log and found these errors.
00:57:48 T:2804382576 ERROR: PulseAudio: Waited for the Context but it failed
00:57:48 T:2804382576 ERROR: PulseAudio: Failed to create context
00:57:48 T:2804382576 ERROR: Unable to open audio mixer

It seem that removing pulseaudio solves some problems while it creates others
I got the menu sounds back by installing libsdl1.2debian-alsa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another problem with HDMI and ION2 ZBOX0