Solved Aeon Nox slow
As it's been said several times. Doesn't matter the size of the library, doubt epeen is what's being showed here, it's the scripts. Especially Watch List.

Now if you have Watch LIst, TV Next Aired, Random Lists, TV Tunes, etc etc etc all running in the background, then decide to use a SQL database which introduces it's own lag, then yes, you will not have a super responsive system. Doesn't matter how "beefy" your computer is, those scripts aren't exactly designed with performance in mind half the time, and most the time limited by the language they use.

Anyways, biggest speed increase you will see is deleting Watch List from your addons folder
\addons\script.watchlist
Also using the cached versions of the thumbs (ie posters only), meaning, disable the option to use poster/folder.jpg, banner.jpg, landscape.jpg, logo/clearart.png etc.

Until XBMC decides to add all those extra image types to the caching system, they will always introduce a penalty as the skin has to read them directly from the media folders instead of just hitting up the cached image.

Also do keep in mind, when you get a skin with more options and configurations abilities you can expect there to be a cost to some performance. Some skins are made to be bare-bones as possible for maximum performance, Confluence, Quartz and reFocus are good examples of that. Easy to use, extremely fast to navigate, but don't have 1/10th the options that a skin like Aeon, Xperience, Rapier, Fusion etc has.

I disabled watchlist and nextaired and it got much quicker on my htpc (which is not very powerful, i3 with mobo integrated intel gpu and 8gb of ram). It feels just as fast as with default skin (I'm on XBMC nightlies).
(2012-06-07, 14:21)tsubus Wrote: I disabled watchlist and nextaired and it got much quicker on my htpc (which is not very powerful, i3 with mobo integrated intel gpu and 8gb of ram). It feels just as fast as with default skin (I'm on XBMC nightlies).

really sure it became quicker? watchlist and nextaired script shouldn´t affect performance when idle (which is what they are most of the time)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
It feels much snappier, yes. It could also be due to improvements in XBMC though, I update it every day.
Aeon Nox 2 runs at 60 fps on my HTPC, But Aeon Nox 3 only at 30 fps, is unplayable for me.
It can be for the conversion from 720 to 1080 Resolutions?
looking though the library is in 3.0 less smooth than in 2.0, that's obvious for me: i3-530, integrated gpu, ssd, 2GB ram

where can I disable watchlist and nextaired?
(2012-06-08, 15:34)PatOso Wrote: Aeon Nox 2 runs at 60 fps on my HTPC, But Aeon Nox 3 only at 30 fps, is unplayable for me.
It can be for the conversion from 720 to 1080 Resolutions?

which platform? and in whch area?
i don´t think that the conversion could cause a performance drop (at least when your tv / output device is 1920x1080 )
home area perfomance gets improved atm (should be better already now, try git version)
(2012-06-08, 15:43)romeon Wrote: where can I disable watchlist and nextaired?

delete (backup first) the corresponding folders from your addons/ folder (script.watchlist)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
My LCD TV is 1080p native hdmi connector, HTPC in windows 7 home basic 32 bits and ssd disk OCZ Vertex 3.
I have to activate something?
(2012-06-08, 16:32)PatOso Wrote: My LCD TV is 1080p native hdmi connector, HTPC in windows 7 home basic 32 bits and ssd disk OCZ Vertex 3.
I have to activate something?

in which area is the skin slow for you? if home menu is slow, try newest GIT build.
(2012-06-08, 17:43)phil65 Wrote: in which area is the skin slow for you? if home menu is slow, try newest GIT build.

In all areas in general, some frozen, low FPS.
I comment if improves
Thanks.....................
(2012-06-08, 18:24)PatOso Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 17:43)phil65 Wrote: in which area is the skin slow for you? if home menu is slow, try newest GIT build.

In all areas in general, some frozen, low FPS.
I comment if improves
Thanks.....................

While I do occasionally experience a slow down, one thing that may help you is updating whatever weather add-on you use. For example, I had an older version of weatherunderground and it did not seem to refresh on start-up. This caused some initial difficulty and I noticed things seemed to be slow until it resolved.

Further, when weatherunderground was having some issues earlier (at least for me) and was reporting humidity at 99999%, I also experienced some bizarre slowdowns, which went away the moment it resolved.

So it may be worth making sure you're running the most recent of that, or whatever is your flavour, as well!
hi,

is it possible to improve smoothness when switching movies/covers in "shift" view? Unfortunately it's not cognizable in the link below. But you will notice the from both sides slided in movie info page isn't very smooth too. In the previous version it moved better. Hey, it's no complain, but maybe you know a trick to get these things a bit smoother. Maybe an option to change the movie info page from sliding in to fading in or something like that?

youtube link

Thanks in advance

(i3-530, integrated gpu, ssd, 2GB ram)
(2012-06-09, 00:48)romeon Wrote: hi,

is it possible to improve smoothness when switching movies/covers in "shift" view? Unfortunately it's not cognizable in the link below. But you will notice the from both sides slided in movie info page isn't very smooth too. In the previous version it moved better. Hey, it's no complain, but maybe you know a trick to get these things a bit smoother. Maybe an option to change the movie info page from sliding in to fading in or something like that?

youtube link

Thanks in advance

(i3-530, integrated gpu, ssd, 2GB ram)

tried deactivatin some viewtypes? enablin dirty regions in advancedsettings.xml?
runnin smooth as butter here on my end (first-gen core2duo, 2,1 mhz)
I disabled all other view types, but still the same. dirtyregions also doesn't help Sad
I dont see any slowdown in that video Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox slow0