• 30(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
Did not know about this new setup. I tried to enable airplay and it said I needed zeroconf. Previously this was auto enabled with airplay. Thanks.
anybody else getting weird "couldn't detect MAC address for 'XBMC'" notifications with nightlies? I have no share/host/whatever that's called "XBMC".
No idea, here is the complete list of which hosts gets picked up ; https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.cpp#L516
Hi. Is this implemented?
Can't seem to find the setting on OpenElec Raspberry Pi?
Yes, but you need a Gotham-Alpha-build (or a specially-built Frodo). I dont think any of the builds from openelec-site are Gotham-based yet so you probably need a custom-build anyway ; here is the build I am running ; http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/89776677/file.html
Should these feature also kick in if i enter the live-tv section?

I think this doesn't work for me, as my sql server is on a different machine as the live-tv backend.
Will probably not work, no. I am unfamiliar with that part of XBMC but my guess is it does not use the XFILE classes that would trigger the wakeup. Some additions to the live-tv modules would be required to make it work
Hi

My biggest issues with XBMC in general are connection issues to my WHS 2011 server running the shared MYSQL database. Below are some of my problems I am hoping might be resolved by this new up coming feature of XBMC Huh

1. If the XBMC PC (Ubuntu Minimal 12.10 / XBMC V12.2) resumes from S3 Sleep mode, then the Advanced WOL add-on sends the packet to wake the WHS. This works most times. However my WHS is a HP ProLiant N40L Microserver and only supports hibernation so it takes over 1 minute to wake up! Shame on HP for no S3 support.

2. If the XBMC PC is shutdown S5 and the WHS is also asleep, when turning on the XBMC PC I just get a black screen forever and I have to manually wake the WHS, eventually XBMC will then appear.

3. Sometimes even when the WHS is already up and running, when resuming a XBMC PC from S3 sleep it cannot see the SMB shares properly and sometimes I get those Invalid Argument errors or playback failed errors. Not sure if this is Ubuntu or XBMC at fault? But the only way to resolve this is to reboot the XBMC PC and then after the restart it plays media fine again.

As a newish user of both Linux and XBMC migrating from Windows MCE these problems with XBMC / MySQL etc are problematic to say the least.

Thanks
1. You may have to tweak the wakeonlan.xml file that in generated to have XBMC wait longer for the N40L to wake up. BTW, the N40L does support S3 when running Windows, just not Linux. So it it shame on HP or Linux...I never knew who to blame for this.

2. I am not sure what is going on here. It may be that your NIC on the PC is not yet active when XBMC tries to send the WOL signal. You may need XBMC to wait a bit longer after resuming to send the signal. Once again I think you can adjust this in the wakeonlan.xml file.

3. I don't see this issue, but then again my XBMC PCs are all Windows based and my server is unRaid.
(2013-08-21, 16:24)kricker Wrote: 1. You may have to tweak the wakeonlan.xml file that in generated to have XBMC wait longer for the N40L to wake up. BTW, the N40L does support S3 when running Windows, just not Linux. So it it shame on HP or Linux...I never knew who to blame for this.

2. I am not sure what is going on here. It may be that your NIC on the PC is not yet active when XBMC tries to send the WOL signal. You may need XBMC to wait a bit longer after resuming to send the signal. Once again I think you can adjust this in the wakeonlan.xml file.

3. I don't see this issue, but then again my XBMC PCs are all Windows based and my server is unRaid.

Hi Kricker thanks for the reply.

As far as I am aware the Hp N40L server cant do S3 sleep mode in Windows. I even have the modified bios installed. It can do hibernation however but as you probably know it takes much longer to wake up. I searched and searched on the net for how to enable S3 and there was never a way to do it. Unless something new has happened?

The wakeonlan.xml file you reffer to I assume this is about this new WOL feature in XBMC v13. Still running v12.2 at the moment.

As for point number 2 it seems that if the Mysql server is asleep and the XBMC PC is turned on from full S5 shutdown state, then XBMC simply does not load at all and I get the black screen. It will stay like this and so the advanced WOL addon never runs as XBMC isnt launched. In this situation I have to wake the WHS myself and then eventually when the database is available XBMC is launch etc.

Thanks
Hi, I'm not able to get this to work with my Unraid server on my RPI, it says 'autodiscovery failed' on my Unraid server. When I manually enter the info into the .xml file and try to wake up unraid, then nothing seems to happen. I can wake up unraid using etherwake from my main computer, so I know it does work.
(2013-08-21, 20:15)Bonzi Wrote: Hi, I'm not able to get this to work with my Unraid server on my RPI, it says 'autodiscovery failed' on my Unraid server. When I manually enter the info into the .xml file and try to wake up unraid, then nothing seems to happen. I can wake up unraid using etherwake from my main computer, so I know it does work.

Please post logs
(2013-08-21, 17:55)cw-kid Wrote: Hi Kricker thanks for the reply.

As far as I am aware the Hp N40L server cant do S3 sleep mode in Windows. I even have the modified bios installed. It can do hibernation however but as you probably know it takes much longer to wake up. I searched and searched on the net for how to enable S3 and there was never a way to do it. Unless something new has happened?

The wakeonlan.xml file you reffer to I assume this is about this new WOL feature in XBMC v13. Still running v12.2 at the moment.

As for point number 2 it seems that if the Mysql server is asleep and the XBMC PC is turned on from full S5 shutdown state, then XBMC simply does not load at all and I get the black screen. It will stay like this and so the advanced WOL addon never runs as XBMC isnt launched. In this situation I have to wake the WHS myself and then eventually when the database is available XBMC is launch etc.

Thanks
I do not have a N40L myself, but I setup on for my brother-in-law. We put unRaid on it and just let it shutdown instead of go to sleep. It boots back into unRaid in a minute or less, so I quit looking for standby solutions. I thought it worked under Windows, but maybe it was S4 and not S3....I have not looked in quite some time.

As for point number 2, I just don't see this behavior with my Windows XBMC PCs and my unRaid server. You should also post debug logs to see what is happening. I still suggest editing the wakeonlan.xml. XBMC may very well be trying to send the wake signal before your NIC is fully connected.
(2013-08-22, 07:07)t4_ravenbird Wrote:
(2013-08-21, 20:15)Bonzi Wrote: Hi, I'm not able to get this to work with my Unraid server on my RPI, it says 'autodiscovery failed' on my Unraid server. When I manually enter the info into the .xml file and try to wake up unraid, then nothing seems to happen. I can wake up unraid using etherwake from my main computer, so I know it does work.

Please post logs

This is the log when it tries to wake up the host 'TOWER' which is my unraid http://pastebin.com/hGfwJUzM. I've also tried to just put the IP address, but that does not work either.

I discovered that the mac address was being lost from the arp table on my pfsense router after some time. I made it a permanent entry. It gets further now, a box opens up and it says waiting for network but unraid still does not wake.
Bonzi, are you by chance using profiles in XBMC?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4