Eden- Just lost 40 odd files from my library and wont detect new file
Hi all,

There is no bug log for this as im hoping its something silly but if needed I will add one.

So one minute my movie library was fine and displayed 158 movies BUT it hadnt picked up my latest backup of Worrier- so I entered the context menu and hit "update library"- still nothing.

So went into settings and saw that "update library on startup" wasnt selected which I thought it was, so re enabled that, closed xbmc and fired it up again, still nothing new detected. So just decided to "clean library" doing this reduced my movie count from 158 to 122 and it appears to have excluded all of the movies on one of my drives (DSmile and still doesnt detect the new file or any of my old one.

I could of corse remove the library and re add it but Id rather get to the bottom of what happened.

I cant seem to go into a "file mode" in Movies to see if the missing movies are present there- Ive looked in both "movies" and in the "videos" screen- and also dont seem to be able to edit the source under "videos" so I've got to be missing something... but im no n00b to this either so Im just a little confused.

Any help or should I just upload a bug file? Its not a perticular build in Eden, as it happened in Beta 1 and ive just installed RC1 and the fault is still present so somethings changed...

Thanks
Grangey
Possible dumb, but is the drive connected and accessible?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Correct. The only way XBMC will remove anything from your library during a clean is if the movie files could not be stat()'d (i.e. drive missing or files deleted)

The "Files" node is always accessible from the homepage in Confluence or from the root of your library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden- Just lost 40 odd files from my library and wont detect new file0