Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2012-07-31, 20:05)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 12:38)Lockos Wrote: Sometimes you get pictures for another wrong artist. For instance, if I press "i" when listening to "Aaron", i get album pictures for the right artist (that is to say the band named "Aaron") but also album pictures of "Aaron Eckhart". Rolleyes )

[snip]

I don't get the interest of gathering pictures of a wrong artist or double album covers (just because the scrapping is automatic and does not see the difference between "Queen" and "The good, the bad and the queen" for instance)

So my question is : for the discography feature, can we manually put album pictures in a specific folder so that we can personnaly chose the right ones for display ( I mean in the same way that we can create an extrafanart folder for artist slideshows) instead of using Last.fm or HT backdrops scrapers ?

Yea, I've noticed that. The Last.FM search is kind of fuzzy, and I don't think there is any easy way to fix the search to be more specific. Here's what I'm thinking about to allow local override:
  • have another folder called discography at the same level as extrafanart
  • images would be named using the convention number.name.ext (i.e. 1.Cold Spring Harbor.jpg) - this would allow you to order them how you want.
  • you could also put a file in that directory called bio.nfo if you want a custom bio as well.
  • Artist Slideshow would default to use the override if available, otherwise it would look for discography as usual. Because of the way the Last.FM search is done, I don't think it's reasonable (or desirable) to try and let users combined the two.

Thoughts?

@pkscuot : Your addon (and Ronnie's Angel ) would be just perfect if you could allow this. Is it in the changelog of next version ? Big Grin

I don't know what other users think about that, but for me, an easy way to make it work all together locally (with homepage slideshow) would be :

- What already exists, that is to say a local folder at artist level called "extrafanart" with fanart.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg....for artists slideshow.

- A local folder at albums level (or at the same level as extrafanart if it is what you wanted) called "discography" with album, album2.jpg, album3.jpg...for artist's discography pictures

- An easy way to create simple nfos manually for "similar artists" and "bio" information (this would avoid having nfos full of http jpg adresses for pictures). Those nfo's could be placed in the artist or album folders too.

This is just some thoughts as you asked for it but if someone has other / better ideas... Wink

Anyway I am really liking the idea of a local override for discography Wink

Keep up the good work !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by Lockos - 2012-08-01, 11:08
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5