Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2013-01-13, 03:55)pkscuot Wrote:
Quote:Is it possible to put the modified fies into my userdata directory instead of the XBMC installation folder? If so, how?
I've added information to the wiki page on that.
The information seems inadequate and confusing. It says use the files from the zip to overwrite the files in the userdata directory but (a) the userdata directory does not contain the 2 files contained in the zip file and (b) in regard to creating a custom skin it says "go to the directory above (userdata) and find the skin.confluence folder." There is no such folder.

If I put the files in special://xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ then AS works but that is the root of the xbmc installation, requires sudo and the files are overwritten when xbmc is updated. I tried putting them in special://home/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ but that does not work. I tried without the 720p. That does not work either. Nor does either of special://home/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence/{720p/,}. So where exactly should I put these files in special://home? Note, special://home/userdata is otherwise known as special://userdata and special://masterprofile.

Quote:
Quote:There is a bug with AS in Frodo. In Eden to see AS I would select "Visualisation: None". If I selected another visualization I would see that visualization. In Frodo I see AS overlaid over the selected visualisation. I don't like this for 2 reasons: (1) there are times when I would just like to have one of the other visualisations; (2) I was hoping, perhaps incorrectly, that AS would be inactive and not fetching images and bios when another visualisation was running.
That's not a bug. It's a change in behavior with Frodo. Artist Slideshow uses the built-in functions for displaying a folder of images, so there is nothing I can do about that. Also, once you install Artist Slideshow and make the skin modifications, it runs anytime you use fullscreen mode when listening to music. So in Eden even though the visualization was hiding AS, it was still running in the background and downloading images.
As far as I am concerned it is a bug. I want to be able to use the other visualizations without AS overlaid and finding the AS plug-in settings so as to disable it, is too much like hard work. I have a hard time remembering where to find them.

Quote:
Quote:Where can I find the Hulu plugin? I did not find it in the add-ons listed in the standard repository browsed from XBMC/Frodo.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023
Thank you. I will give it a try.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by msfc - 2013-01-13, 04:50
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56