Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Currently running AS v.1.5.007 with default settings (Last.fm) and Aeon MQ4 skin. This was the issue I was seeing with the full screen background image, some others have mentioned similar problems?

Playing Artist: Japan

View of the XBMC main menu, background image is correct and was downloaded from TheAudioDB.com when I selected Reload Artist in XBMC.
I just added the artist Japan and this image to TheAudioDB.com site.

Full Screen mode

The background image is now incorrect and is actually the last artist I was playing before Japan which was Talk Talk.

I only added the artist Japan to my Music Library this morning and I haven't run CDArtManager yet. So In the Japan folder on the file server there is no extrafanart sub-folder. This is when the problem seems to occur when there are no extrafanart images available.

Looking on Fanart.tv the artist Japan doesn't appear to exist, so don't think running CDArtManager in this case would help.

So instead if I manually create an extrafanart sub-folder and copy in a couple of fanart images I found on Google, then when going in to full screen mode those correct images are displayed.

extrafanart image manually downloaded from Google and placed in the extrafanart sub-folder of the Japan artist folder.

Not sure if this problem is directly related to Artist Slideshow add-on or the skin or something else?

The problem also appears to be intermittent? as I have just rebooted and started Playing the artist: A Flock of Seagulls. Never played this artist before as was only added this morning, they currently have no extrafanart sub-folder, yet the correct background image is being display in the full screen mode and on the main menu. :Huh If I then immediately play another new artist that has no extrafanart sub-folder that also shows the correct image in full screen mode, so it seems to only happen sometimes.

Some good news however, since updating the AS add-on I am no longer getting crashes with unicode characters or when stopping or starting playback of something else Big Grin

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by cw-kid - 2013-06-29, 15:17
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5