Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Good morning pkscuot,

Three topics I'd like to discuss with you for which I have got a full debug log here:

1) Biography
The AS Wiki says on item 4.1: 'Artist bio and album list come from theaudiodb.com by default and from last.fm if nothing is found on TheAudioDB', however even when the Bios are present in TheAudioDB, they are currently coming from Last.fm and they are being passed to the GUI totally truncated. I have compared the texts present on last.fm and apparently they get truncated right before any url link present on the text. The first bio shown below (B. Marley) is particularly chaotic since it shows random text from 3 different paragraphs present on Last.fm. I have tested it with 4 artists, whose biographies on Last.fm and whatever gets scraped and passed to AS to show on the XBMC GUI, are shown on the links and pictures below, respectively:

Original Bios on Last.fm for each picture shown below:
Bob Marley & The Wailers (1); The Jacksons (2); Marillion (3); Tori Amos (4)

Images from XBMC GUI with truncated Bios:
Now, it is disconcerting to see that the 'bios' presented on the 'Artist Information pane' –which I can tell are from TheAudioDB– are coming perfectly fine and presented with scrolling function to show them in their entirety. So the thing is, why the biography on the previous AS view is coming from Last.fm and not from TheAudioDB, given that the former is obviously truncated and the later present in TheAudioDB and correctly displayed on XBMC? The wiki, and my common sense, say there is a scraping order which I don't see it happening.

Here below you can see the Artists info pane with the Bio in its entirety from TheAudioDB:
The Jacksons (The Jackson 5) Bio on The AudioDB here

2) Artist thumb persistently wrong
The image thumb for the artist 'Bob Marley & The Wailers' is not being shown; instead it shows the image of the last artist played. See image below with 3 different artists (Marillion, Tori Amos and The Jacksons) shown when playing 'Bob Marley' on three different opportunities:
3) Musicbrainz.nfo
I have thousands of albums, each one with its musicbrainz link within an album.nfo placed within the album folder. This is the way I have chosen for getting the right album scraped and all the associated extras such as artist, reviews, styles, moods, etc., specially for album names that have ETIs (extended title information) as suffixes in the album name, e.g. (UK 1978 Special Edition), (France 2003 Maxi-Single), etc..., when I look at the debug log I see some specific lines of code (pasted below) and I get worried because I can't keep creating new NFOs for this and for that, you know what I mean? There are certain standards in XBMC that are desirable to work with and in this sense I'd like to know if there is a way to have AS reading the musicbrainz link (and perhaps some other NFO info) from within the existent album.nfo inside the album folder? Could this be related, to a certain extend, to the issue mentioned on item 2)?
Code in debug log:

Code:
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling player.getitem
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for a musicbrainz ID for artist Tori Amos feat. Damien Rice
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for musicbrainz ID in the musicbrainz.nfo file
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] no musicbrainz ID found in musicbrainz.nfo file
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] current artist is Tori Amos feat. Damien Rice with a mbid of
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] looking for local artwork

The full debug log is the result of playing the artists's album in the following order: Tori Amos, Bob Marley, Marillion, Bob Marley, and the Jacksons.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by capfuturo - 2013-09-06, 09:33
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5