Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Good night pkscuot,

Thanks for your reply. I also read in the cdART Manager thread that Gotham apparently is delivering support for the Musicbrainz tags, if the rumour is correct. In the meantime:

I erased everything as you suggested and installed the new version 1.5.5 (master from Github). AS returned the full bio from theAudioDB for the artist 'Marillion' on first play which made me think "Oh, finally this is fixed'. I went into the userdata–> add-on_data–> script.artistslideshow–> artistsinformation–> 52991789 and found multiple NFO files and amongst them there were a theaudiodbartistbio.nfo and a musicbrainz.nfo, both containing data. I check the MBID within the musicbrainz.nfo and it matches the artists actually; does this mean XBMC handled that MBID to AS and then AS wrote the file? I thought XBMC 12.2 isn't doing that yet. Anyway, Get fthe older here

I played a different artists and the issue with truncated bios quickly returned once again. I then erased all the user add-on again and reinstalled AS, and guess what happened: AS pulled in the truncated Last.fm! I went into the folder mentioned in the above paragraph and found new files within the artists folder 52991789 and this time there were no theaudiodb NFOs or musicbrainz.nfo (with the MBID in it); only lastfm NFOs. Check here

The lastfmartistsbio.nfo has the full bio in it but what AS shows on the view when I play the artists is something totally truncated that makes no sense. It actually cuts the bio right where it finds an url within the lastfmartistsbio.nfo, which leads me to think there is an issue somewhere handling bios with links in them, since the text for the bio within the NFO should be plain text, stripped from all its url links useful only when one is browsing last.fm. Please see the following two examples:

For Marillion:
AS shows: "Marillion are a rock band formed in Aylesbury, England. Their 30-year career is marked by two distinctive phases; the early years fronted by "
lastfmartistsbio.nfo created by AS here

For Bob Marley:
AS shows on slideshow (which is totally nonsense): "Bob Marley and The Weilers were a raggae band created in 1974 by on drums and bass respectively... "
lasfmartistbio.nfo created by AS here

I don't really know how to fix this in a way that I can have AS working reliably and with consistent results. If AS works reliably and without throwing the results I have posted on this thread for other users, then I wonder what could be wrong. Am I perhaps not supposed to run AS with Aeon Nox because they aren't really 100% compatible?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by capfuturo - 2013-09-12, 01:28
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5