Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Hi

I tried the process again, I turned on debug logging and rebooted the HTPC, this time I waited the 150 secs and ensured that the local /storage/music folder had been mounted. I then deleted the migrationcheck.nfo again. (The action of deleting the migrationcheck.nfo file and then playing music, seems to now crash AS).

I then proceeded to play a music artist and now AS is crashing with an exception and not working.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=108472

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1329, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 102, in __init__
                                                self._upgrade()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1311, in _upgrade
                                                self._migrate_info_files()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 904, in _migrate_info_files
                                                self._move_info_files( self.LOCALARTISTPATH, new_loc, 'local' )
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 933, in _move_info_files
                                                old_folder = os.path.join( old_loc, folder, self.FANARTFOLDER )
                                              File "./Lib/posixpath.py", line 69, in join
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Also AS is no longer recreating the migrationcheck.nfo file.

Thanks

EDIT: OK so I edited the migrationcheck.nfo file instead of trying to just delete it and changed 1.6.0 back to 1.5.4 and saved it etc. Rebooted HTPC, waited 150 secs for music folder mount to happen and then I played a music artist. And AS still crashed out. I then looked at the migrationcheck.nfo file again and it still read 1.5.4. So I manually changed it back to 1.6.0 and played a music artist again and now AS does not crash.

Think I will leave this for now or I might really break something lol. Sorry to give you a headache with all this feedback. Wink

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by cw-kid - 2014-01-10, 12:49
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5