Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2014-03-12, 01:35)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 11:21)tahyti Wrote: I love this add-on, but I've had some issues with gotham beta, using it on Aeon skin. I previously made this post on Aeon nox's forum but it seams the problems might come from the add-on more than the skin... In this skin, the artist slideshow option in OSD/MENU is called Fanart.

1.6.2 has some bugs that I've been correctly over the last few days. If you'd like to try the latest beta, you can get it from here:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

If you don't want to install the beta, then you'll need to wait until I push the final 1.6.3 version to the repo. I'm hoping to do that this week (as long as I don't get anymore bug reports).

Quote:I just wish it'd give some notification tho.

I'm not 100% sure this is what you want, but if you go to the addon settings and look in the ADVANCED tab, there is an option for DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATION TYPE. If you select TEXT NOTIFICATIONS you will get an XBMC popup letting you know when images are being downloaded for the first time for an artist and then when the download is done. If there are any existing images for an artist, you won't get any notification.

Quote:While I am at it, I've been using this add on for a long time and always thoguth it would better if the slideshow was set to 30 seconds instead of the 5 it is currently is.. Anyway I can change that timer somewhere?

That is actually set by the skin, so you would need to ask the skin author about that. With the confluence mods you can change it by looking in MusicVisualizatio.xml. You might check in that file on your skin. Look for something like this:

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
    <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
</control>

and change the timeperimage option. It's worth noting that AS times the image changes during downloads assuming 10 seconds per image in an attempt to make the slideshow appear seamless when downloading images. I suspect if your skin sets it to 5 seconds it looks mostly fine, but if you set it to 30 seconds you may have some times where the image still advances sooner.

(2014-03-12, 00:54)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I can also confirm that with version 1.6.2.1 when playing Beyonce it was displaying the images in my fallback folder. I've just installed version 1.6.2.5 and now when playing Beyonce its still showing the fallback images.

I then deleted this artists hash folder 49941150 under the ArtistInformation and ArtistSlideshow folders and now the Beyonce fanart images are being displayed OK.

Good to know. My bet is that the older version of AS saved out an empty MBID file and then couldn't find any images on htbackdrops because of a bug. Deleting the Artist Information folder forced AS to try again, and the newer version found the artist information correctly.

(2014-03-11, 05:38)woodside Wrote: you da man.. It works for just about all of my artist now. Funny thing though... it seems it won't work for a few artists who's names begin with the letter "A" and for a few artists who's names begin with "Y" or "Z". I don't know if it could be because those are at the beginning and end of the list or what. For instance... I can't get info for "Alanis Morissette", "Al Green", "Alice Cooper", "Allman Brothers Band", "Aretha Franklin"... and then at the end... "The Yardbirds","The Zombies", "ZZ Top"... Now isn't that weird?.. I realize Last.Fm might not have all of them in their database. I know they have Alanis Morissette and ZZ Top, but still those artist are a no go.... This is just strange that it only seems to fail at those that are in the beginning of the alphabet and at the end.... Works for Aerosmith and AC/DC though... I'm stumped...lol

{EDIT} Van Halen, The Wallflowers, Whitney Houston all a no go and all start with letters at the far end of the alphabet and the beginning... Albert King... no go...too weird!

If you'll delete the Artist Information for those artists (you'll have to find the right hash folder) and run a couple of them again with debugging on, I'd be happy to take a look at the log. There might not be anything I can do, but I should at least be able to tell you why you're not getting the information.

I figured out that all of those that it wasn't working for are all are missing musicbrainz id's. It sure is a hassle to try and find them all by their hash folder to remove them after I retag all of the mp3's. I tried your addon artist slideshow helper but after it runs it returns a blank text file. Am I missing something to try and make that work. I didn't see any settings other than to point to an output directory. I did that but it still doesn't find anything. Any ideas? thanks.

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by woodside - 2014-03-12, 05:22
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5