Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2017-02-19, 06:19)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-02-19, 06:03)msfc Wrote: Do you have any plan to add back support for bios, etc? I'm really missing them.

Probably not. The new Estuary layout leaves much less unclaimed space (remember that I have to leave space for the album art if the user brings that up).
The space is not that much smaller and is mostly due to the text and album art being larger. One possibility it to put the bio on the right. If you shorten the 3 text fields for artist, album and track title you can free some more vertical space for it. Personally I wouldn't be bothered if the artwork of the artist's other albums were not displayed. There is plenty of space for the bio without covering the art for the current album

Quote:I honestly wouldn't use a visualization and AS together. As you've found, it technically works, but I find it mostly looks like crap. I'm unable to duplicate the issue with the images blending with the background. I know you're doing a git sync to get my skin. That is neither recommended nor supported. I remember there was a problem at one point with the image blending, but I fixed it. The only thing I can figure is that your git sync didn't get everything correctly. I HIGHLY recommend you download the repo linked in the AS wiki and then use it to install my Estuary mod.
I could not find a link in the AS wiki for Estuary mods only for earlier skins. The link in 303946 (thread) has been broken. It currently points to https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...-1.1.0.zip which is for Helix. Also I have not found any full instructions for installing and using your Estuary skin mods.

Anyway a diff of my clone of your git repo with the content extracted from the zip file downloaded from https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...p?raw=true shows no differences. So the problem has nothing to do with the way I've installed the mods. BTW look at that link. It is in a branch called helix!!! You certainly aren't making it easy for people to find and install your mods.

The default Estuary background on the full-screen music display has black bars at top and bottom, graduating to a turquoiseish color covering the middle. I have both Use Visualization turned off in the interface preferences and visualization set to none. The default background can clearly be seen blended into the artist images. Since the visualization can be seen, when enabled, it is really not surprising that the static background can also be seen. I can't understand why you aren't seeing it. Perhaps you have a white background. The skin mod needs to disable blending of the artist images.

I would like the artist images to be displayed with replace blending (i.e. no blending). Then I can leave the visualization running so that something nice happens when no artwork is found and I don't have to disable the screen saver. Without visualization running the screensaver kicks in after a few minutes dimming the screen so you can no longer see the artist slideshow.

Quote:The images in the Kodi database are not accessible by addons, at least not as far as I have found. The only way the fanart in your music folders will be accessible is if you set Kodi to use local only OR local/remote images and point AS to your music folder. You also need to check the settings to tell AS to use the fanart.jpg if available. That will pollute your music folder with more images and folders, but if you're OK with that, that will do it.
Thanks for the explanation. I don't want to pollute my music folders so I'll just live with this problem.

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by msfc - 2017-02-20, 05:47
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5