Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Thumbs Up 
(2020-01-06, 18:05)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 12:13)Bluebuster83 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

first, I would like to thank you for all your efforts, especially during the last days of holiday. Since 3 years I am using the AS for Kodi with my NUC N2820 and it was running pretty well, great job!

Now I have changed to LibreELEC 9.2.0, Leila 18.5, skin is Aeon Nox: SiLVO 7.0.8 and your AS-beta14.
I run into 2 questions I can´t help myself:

* During music OSD all pictures in the artist folder are shown by AS. For the fanartX.jpg, that´s perfect, but the thumb.jpg, banner.jpg and clearart.jpg are shown as well, which I would like to avoid. (same behavior in Estuary-Standard-Skin)
* For all artists where are no pictures available, AS is showing (random?) other fanarts of other artists. ["disable secondary and featured artist images" is enabled already]. Where/ how can I disable this? I would like to disable this, and show nothing instead, or a black background. (this behavior is just in Aeon Nox: SiLVO, Estuary runs perfect, which seems odd to me, because the settings of AS are the same and I can´t change anything AS-related in the skin settings of Aeon Nox...?)

Thanks for your help in advance,
BB
For the first one, if you have set AS to use the Kodi artist information folder for images (NOT a custom location that points to the Kodi artist information folder), it should be filtering out anything that isn't fanartX (basically what you want).  So if you have AS set to use the Kodi artist information folder and it's not doing that, I need to track that down.  Basically it you've setup the Kodi artist information folder, you need to tell AS that.  If you're using a custom location and need to filter out certain images, that isn't currently an option.  I can look at adding something though.

For the second one, I'm pretty sure that's a skin issue (especially since you're only seeing it with Aeon Nox Silvo).  If AS finds no images it sets no image and the skin probably takes over and shows the background. In the case of Aeon Nox Silvo that might be random artist images.  One possible workaround would be to have a folder that has a black image and set that folder as the fall back slideshow in AS.  That would then show a black image if no images are found.

If none of what I've suggested helps, could you post a debug log showing these two things happening? 
Hi pkscout,

once again, thank you so much for your very quick, friendly and helpful support! I don´t know any better assistance, even for paid services. Outstanding.

After changing to Standard Kodi artist information folder and rebooting, the first issue was gone.
For the second issue, I was not able to track this down, but the workaround with a full-black (1920x1080, called "fanart.jpg") in a separate fall back folder is working and I am fine with that.

So, finally everything is fine, due to your help. Thanks again!
Cheers,
BB

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - by Bluebuster83 - 2020-01-06, 22:07
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5