Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Hi

I am having problems with music playback and artist extrafanart images. 

I am using Leia 18.8 and the Estuary Mod V2 (KODI 18) skin. I am NOT using Artwork Beef plugin and it is not installed. 

I have a Emby Media Server that downloads all my metadata and artwork image files. 

All music artists on my file server have an "extrafanart" sub-folder with artwork images in there. 

Previously a long time ago, I had to edit a variables.xml for this Estuary Mod v2 skin and make a change in the code to get the skin working with Artist Slideshow plugin, see here.

I also have the script.artwork.helper plugin installed.

The problem is I don't think the skin is any longer using the ArtistSlideshow plugin to display my extrafanart images. 

When playing some artists they show no artwork images at all in the Music OSD screen, even though I have extrafanart images in their folder on the server. 

When playing other artists they do show some extrafanart images and they change and rotate, however they are not necessarily the artwork images I have for that artist in my extrafanart folder on the file server, so I don't know where its getting some of the images from ? 

If I disable the Artwork Helper dependency plugin and play the artist again, its still showing artwork images that are not in my extrafanart sub-folder. These must be cached in the local Kodi DB some how?

For example for one artist I downloaded a new artwork image from Google images and placed it in to that artists extrafanart sub folder on the server. 

However when playing that artist that particular new artwork image is never displayed. 

I've tried uninstalling ArtistSlideshow plugin and installing and configuring it again but no change.

If I switch to the default Estuary skin and play this same artist again, then the new image I downloaded as a test is displayed. It also only shows the 8x extrafanart images I have for this artist in its extrafanart folder. So the Artist Slideshow plugin appears to be working as I expected with the default skin but not with the Estuary Mod v2 skin.

Its all very confusing now and I am not sure what's going on. 

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I think I've fixed it. I saw this Wiki page here about editing the MusicVisualization.xml file which I found in this path:

/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary.modv2/xml

For the Estuary Mod V2 Skin on line 4 I added this code:

Code:
onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>

Then starting on line 13 and ending on line 28, I removed the <control type="multiimage"> section of code.

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>100%</width>
            <height>100%</height>
            <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            <fadetime>400</fadetime>
            <timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
            <imagepath background="true" colordiffuse="$VAR[PlayerFanartOpacityVar]">$VAR[PlayerFanartVar]</imagepath>
            <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="10000" tween="sine" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animate_artistslideshow)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="-30,-30" end="30,30" time="6000" tween="sine" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animate_artistslideshow)">Conditional</animation>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hide_background_fanart)</visible>
        </control>

I then in its place added this code from the wiki page:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
    <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)]</texture>
    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>

Rebooted Kodi and now when I play the artists I was testing with, they are now displaying the extrafanart images from the artist\extrafanart folder on the server. 

This was all working OK at some point in the past but obviously something somewhere has changed with the Estuary Mod V2 skin and the Artist Slideshow plugin stopped working.

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - by cw-kid - 2020-10-17, 11:24
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5