XBMC sluggish
I must say I do love XBMC but find it to be sluggish. Navigating between menus and scrolling between movies seems to be a slow affair - not as slick as I would hope. Can anyone let me know whether it's important to have a fast CPU or is more RAM the solution? Movies playback OK, it's just the XBMC interface.

I'm using the Aeon MQ3 skin and I have about 300 movies, 600 TV episodes and 1000 songs in my library. My setup is below. Thanks.

Athlon X2 240e
Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H (iGPU Radeon HD4250)
Antec Earthwatts 380W
4Gb GSkill DDR3
Windows 7 x64
Crucial M4 64Gb
Any advice on whether its CPU or RAM that makes a difference to having a snappy interface?

Thanks
You already have a decent cpu, more than enough ram and an SSD. I don't know what else to recommend. Maybe that skin is just too demanding.

You can perhaps try dds fanart (I keep seeing threads about it but never tried it myself)
You can also try enabling dirty regions??
aptalca Wrote:You already have a decent cpu, more than enough ram and an SSD. I don't know what else to recommend. Maybe that skin is just too demanding.

You can perhaps try dds fanart (I keep seeing threads about it but never tried it myself)
You can also try enabling dirty regions??

Both of those will help. See here for the Wiki HOW-TO.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
OK thank you!
mattchapman, what was your results? Did you find both, either or neither of the suggestions to render a more fluid navigation?

Are there any other suggestions for a more smooth navigation other than the two mentioned by aptalca?
Try dirty regions (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC sluggish0