[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
(2012-10-22, 20:31)Leatherface Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 17:17)PKOneTwo Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 17:06)Leatherface Wrote: For Enigma1 boxes you can add a tuxbox share with tuxbox://root:[email protected] or something like that.

Just for FYI: tuxbox is not the same.
- no PVR
- Channel change doesn't work fast (or sometimes at all)
- no Channel Info / EPG or whatsoever
Ofcourse it's not the same but better than nothing.
The other option is running vtuner on the box and a linux computer with vtuner connected dm500s tuner so you will get a virtual tuner.
And after than install tvheadend and HTS PVR addon in XBMC and you will have PVR functionality.
That works for Enigma2 boxes also.

Yeah and the whole luxury of "just getting it to work" is gone. Plus i doubt (didn't try it) that the way you described (with virtual tuner) the whole XBMC (PVR, changing channels, EPG) will work flawless (at least not as fast as the direct way). And biggest plus: you would need a linux OS (most folks don't).

Anyway: i mentioned that, because maybe some folks don''t know that.

PS: if you ask me tuxbox is almost nothing, so no, it's not better than nothing.
With E1 changing channels doesn't work sometimes. And i don't think lot of folks are interested in just watching a stream, but the whole PVR, EPG experience itself. But that's just me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - by PKOneTwo - 2012-10-22, 23:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217