[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
(2012-10-22, 23:14)PKOneTwo Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 20:31)Leatherface Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 17:17)PKOneTwo Wrote: Just for FYI: tuxbox is not the same.
- no PVR
- Channel change doesn't work fast (or sometimes at all)
- no Channel Info / EPG or whatsoever
Ofcourse it's not the same but better than nothing.
The other option is running vtuner on the box and a linux computer with vtuner connected dm500s tuner so you will get a virtual tuner.
And after than install tvheadend and HTS PVR addon in XBMC and you will have PVR functionality.
That works for Enigma2 boxes also.

Yeah and the whole luxury of "just getting it to work" is gone. Plus i doubt (didn't try it) that the way you described (with virtual tuner) the whole XBMC (PVR, changing channels, EPG) will work flawless (at least not as fast as the direct way). And biggest plus: you would need a linux OS (most folks don't).

Anyway: i mentioned that, because maybe some folks don''t know that.

PS: if you ask me tuxbox is almost nothing, so no, it's not better than nothing.
With E1 changing channels doesn't work sometimes. And i don't think lot of folks are interested in just watching a stream, but the whole PVR, EPG experience itself. But that's just me.
vtuner works perfectly on a local network atleast but not so good over internet that's my experience but that's probably because i only have 100/10 connection it should work good with a 100/100 connection. With a search on google i found this discuission for example about it https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/boards/5/topics/117
It works even better because you will have working Teletext subtitles there and you can grab EPG from own sources etc because tvheadend will act as a backend for a tvcard.

About tuxbox client if the box have problems changing channel sometimes it's probably in your end and if you have that problem then a enigma1 pvr client will not make a miracle. if it can't change/open stream same thing will probably happen in Enigma1 PVR client also so it won't be a solution for that problem atleast.
But the other PVR functionality will ofcourse make things better.
But if you ask me someone else with a Enigma1 box should make a Enigma1 PVR.
jdembski only have a Enigma2 box and it's a lkot that need to be fixed first before trying to make anything else to work.Just leave this addon as a Enigma2 PVR addon. But for now vtuner + tvheadend is your only solution if tuxbox client isn't enough or buying a new box with Enigma2.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - by Leatherface - 2012-10-23, 09:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217