[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
thank you jdembski for the prompt answer, I'll definitely give openelec a try and report back.

@manikm - this is my goal as well on the longer term, at the moment apparently omxplayer is not that well optimized to do everything in hardware, and the CPU by itself is not powerful enough to handle everything on its own.

furthermore, apparently there is a limitation (at least at the moment) that you can only use HW acceleration on either encode or decode, not both at the same time (which would be needed, since you would want to decode first the incoming stream (mpeg2 or h264) from the receiver and transcode it in parallel to a lower bitrate.

I guess it might be possible with a well built algorithm to optimize VLC to use the capabilities of the GPU to the max, but afaik it's still just a thought.

regarding your other issue, the setting to zap first & stream should do just that. as an idea, maybe you should try and capture from your receiver's webinterface somehow what is the http string needed to be sent for the channel change to happen, and check this addon's source code to make sure that it matches your requirements exactly. by the way, how is the quality for the HD channels that you stream to your RasPi? which image are you using on your raspi? are you using openpli on your rec?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - by cocomic - 2012-10-25, 12:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217