Win Audio Mapping
Smile 
Hi,

I have currently an advanced sound card (RME Fireface 400) and I wondered if it was possible to add an audio mapping in DSP options like in Foobar :

Or live in the superb software TotalMix of RME :

Thus it permits to send channels to any audio output, and even to use multiple audio cards in an multichannel configuration.
This would allow a very thorough and flexible configuration Blush

Best Regards.
Only if the mixer you want to use has a DirectSound hook, meaning it adds itself as a DirectSound endpoint. With WASAPI this is not possible as XBMC speaks more or less directly to the audio device driver.

EDIT: There is another way - check into DSPlayer (in forums) but you need to know the mixer you plan to use is capable as mentioned above.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
In fact, I wondered if it was possible to integer an audio mixer (audio mapper) directly into XBMC ? Wink
I wouldn't rule it out, but it's not a burning priority. There will be upmixing once the AE branch is rolled in, but a GUI for it will be a good while. Most folks want the purest streams available and let their receivers do the fancier matrixing & DSP work.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Ok, thanks Wink I think it could be a great functionality for people who have expert sound cards like RME and want make sound's modifications with VST plugins Smile
I personally like the idea of adding VST support - the bad news is it's proprietary so full implementation requires licensing fees. Some open-source projects like Audacity can utilize a limited subset of the VST API, but not full support. Nice unit by the way.
(2012-03-23, 18:09)DDDamian Wrote: I personally like the idea of adding VST support - the bad news is it's proprietary so full implementation requires licensing fees.

Are you sure about that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Mapping0