Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-07-15, 13:47)Ribuck Wrote: Like I said everyone, it's going to be along time before we see anything on anything but the pivios. Looks like my point has just been proven, and all very convenient.

Yeah everyone it's all my fault........

Being a self fulfilling prophecy isn't impressive or something to be proud of. I'm sorry, I don't know how you can't see the sponsorship by Pivos as anything but good. As far as I know, not that I have any insight other than what I've picked up from the blog and forum posts, is that only theuni works for Pivos. The rest of the development team doesn't and continues to be independent of them. So, even if Pivos put theuni on some sort of contract at work that says he can't work on ports to other devices, it can't extend to the xbmc dev team. So the rest of the developers, like gimli, can all work on whatever port they enjoy messing with in their spare time.

They were paid to write an open source android port of xbmc, how in the hell is that anything but good for everybodyHuh?

Personally, you're a moron if you bought a device that didn't do what you wanted it to, EXPECTING somebody else to write a software for it that you want for free and are now upset at the remote possibility they may not do that. There were no guarantees a port would ever work on your device. If they can't get the drivers sorted out, which thus far have not been openly released, then it probably won't happen.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by Mick1152 - 2012-07-15, 14:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15