Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-07-15, 11:41)Ribuck Wrote: As a message to gimli & xbmc team, I mean no disrespect and I know you guys work hard and I do appreciate your hard work as I use xbmc on my pc, so please don't take my comments as a personal attack as they aren't meant to be, I am just expressing my feeling about the hardware acceleration being done for a sole manufacturer which I don't agree with for a open source app.

Allow me to make something perfectly clear, there is NO exclusivity to Pivos. It just happens that an existing XBMC internal player (amlplayer) was ready make the jump into XBMC for Android with very little work. This player has been under development for six months for another Pivos related project. Pivos/Amlogic is 'special' in that there is a libamlplayer library that we can directly tap to get to both audio AND video hardware acceleration. This internal player will soon get pull/reg'ed into android mainline for inclusion.

Video hardware acceleration under Android is a major bitch, the existing APIs are insufficient/non-existing to allow us to use them for HD playback so we have to resort to diving into Android private APIs for generic device usage and that means OpenMax. For Pivos, we got lucky and could bypass all this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by davilla - 2012-07-15, 16:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15