Option to use folder date for recently added movies
(2012-12-09, 19:49)deuch Wrote: If i create a film for 2010 for example
I don't understand. Create a film "for 2010"?

(2012-12-09, 19:49)deuch Wrote: What's the point ? Who is the majority ? 2 people in a forum ?
There are two big advantages with this behaviour that the old behaviour doesn't have:
  • Refreshing the information of an old movie (maybe there's a better cover or whatever) within XBMC doesn't make it show up in recently added even though it has been in your library for many years.
  • If you ever have to rebuild your library because it got messed up or you lost it (harddisc crash or whatever) you're recently added list will have the exact same order after re-creating the library as it had before. With the old behaviour the order was pretty much random or rather it was the order the videos appeared in the filesystem (which has definitely nothing to do with when it was added to the library).

In the end nobody knows what the majority wants because the majority of xbmc users never makes it into this forum, they just install xbmc and use it. AFAICT the majority of developers in the team prefer the new behaviour so that's what it's gonna be.
I don't really understand why people put so much effort into complaining about having to create an XML. It takes far more time to complain than to create the XML.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Option to use folder date for recently added movies - by Montellese - 2012-12-09, 20:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to use folder date for recently added movies0