Video plays but half way down the screent
I've just started having a problem where vidoes play half way down my screen so I only see the top half. It only seems to affect new ones which is odd. However, if a video needs to buffer for some reason whilst it buffers the screen resets and the video is in the center as normal. As soon as it's finished buffering the picture drops half way down again.

It only seems to have started happendnig with recent dvd's, although dvd's I've had on a HD for a while have the same issue. but not all.

I'm running XBMC through AppleTV.
If I watch the DVD from HD but through a program on my PC, for example, Blaxe DVD they play fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

I know it is a bit late to come with a comment on this. Nevertheless I hope it can help.

It happens to me as well (XBMC on silver AppleTV). I use MakeMKV to rip my DVDs.

I have found that switching off "Deinterlace video" gives me the whole picture again. The setting for this is set to auto by default but it fails to render the image correct.

Switching it to off is done when the video is playing, hit menu, video settings and it should be the top line.
Luckily XBMC seems to remember the setting for that particularly film so you don't have to switch it off every time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video plays but half way down the screent0