Black turns to purple?
Hi all, I have a video file which plays fine on vlc but looks like this when I play it on xbmc. Any clue to why this is happening? It looks like the black is turning to purple.

Thanks!

Weclome to the XBMC forums.

Nice image... don't know what it's suppose to look like... but from the image pasted on the forum it looks ok. (best to have comparison shots) but in the main, colours are set by your graphic card (and it's settings) the monitor you have (and it's settings) and to a lessor degree, how the decoders handle fuzzy and areas close to white/black balance. Some graphic cards can have colour definitions for different programs. In large part XBMC trys to stay away from colour settings..(at least for now) and takes it que from the gfx card; so that's where I would make adjustments if needed. In the case of VLC, it has it's own colour settings which can be manipulated to match XBMC and then by manipulating the gfx cards colour settings... everything becomes tuned. I don;t use VLC, and so my colour is in tune with my gfx card defaults and I make adjustments with the panel OSD.

Hope that helps...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black turns to purple?0