Win Help getting Rosewill RRC-126 remote working
I just setup a new HTPC for my brother running Windows7 x64 and installed XBMC. I have the Rosewill RRC-126 which I would say is similar if not identical to the Mediagate MG-IR02BK. Unfortunately I am having some trouble getting it to work with XBMC. I have the mceremote add-on installed and executed the reg file so that the appropriate keybindings are set. I also add the keymap for the additional keys. When I am inside xbmc and hit any of those key nothing happens, the notification that has been set doesnt come up. I am wondering what I can do get all the keys working. Any help on this is appreciated.
your remote are supposed to be one of the Certified MCE RC6 remotes so it should work with XBMC out of the box except some of the buttons will need remapping to gain full functionality. You mentioned that you have already used the MCERemote addon and also mentioned a "keymap". Not sure what keymap you are talking about, but just to let you know you need to configure the MCERemote addon so that your remote buttons will do what you want. By just installing the addon you will not gain anything, you need to configure it to see results and thats why it was made. To make it easy for any one to change buttons from within XBMC.

Anyways, I am sure your remote uses the "ehome" driver, but to be sure double check your device manager.The drivers used for the remote should look something like this:

If your remote uses an "ehome" driver and you can not be asked to configure your remote buttons manually then look no further "xbmccustomregis" also this "page" shows what every button sends.

Cheers,
EG.
@elitegmaer360 thanks for you detailed response. Yes, it does come up as eHome Infrared Reciever, like I mentioned it seems to be a clone of the Mediagate MG-IR02BK. It was autodetected and most buttons works except for a few. I installed the MCERemote addon, instead of running xbmc as an administrator I directly applied the associated .reg file so that the keymaps are setup and restarted my computer. I configured the addon to install the keymap for the unmapped keys like Green Start Button (GSB), Red, Green, Yellow and Blue button at least to show up as a Notification when pressed.

When I press the Windows/Start button it starts xbmc, once inside xbmc if I press it I dont see the notification as expected. Neither when I press any of the colored button. When my computer goes to sleep and I bring it back up the GSB button doesnt launch xbmc any more. I need to manually start it.
use tis guide
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/support.html

and change below entries in config file....(4 codes are wrong so will fix below)
replace 5A/5B/5C/5D with 27/4B/4C/4D

27,00,00,00,04,00,2b,\ ; [Red] - Sends "TAB"
4B,00,00,00,04,00,0f,\ ; [Green] - Sends "L"
4C,00,00,00,04,01,1C,\ ; [Yellow] - Sends "Ctrl-Y"
4D,00,00,00,04,00,1a,\ ; [Blue] - Sends "W"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help getting Rosewill RRC-126 remote working0