Improved UPnP serving and client
(2012-10-23, 12:22)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 12:13)alcoheca Wrote: The issue is the sort criteria being requested in that log is +dc:date, so sort by date increasing. We never used to respect the sort criteria being passed, and we also never sorted the items. Currently if there is no sort criteria passed we sort correctly. I'm wondering about whether we just ignore the sort criteria, as clients seem to stick with one for the whole library. Is there an option on the Panasonic or Nexus to alter the sorting in the client's user interface?

Unfortunately not. Ignoring the sort criteria is probably not a good idea if other devices do offer that functionality. Wasn't there talk about adding functionality to xbmc to allow for having a configuration file per-device? If that is ever implemented, it might be good to allow defining the sort order there.

I think in terms of getting something in soon which is stable across clients, then ignoring the sort criteria is the only option. A client doesn't know that Recently Added should be sorted by date.

Doing this by device is also possible, but it's likely we'd inverse the behaviour and only respect the criteria passed when we know the client is smart enough to request the correct order.

So I'm still leaning towards just ignoring it for this release of XBMC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - by alcoheca - 2012-10-23, 12:29
Improved UPnP serving and client - by Memphiz - 2012-12-12, 00:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved UPnP serving and client0