• 21(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
I'm using banners for my TV shows, but the remote shows them all squished up into poster format.

Is there any way to force it back to banners? I've tried refreshing the cache, but it still loads the banners as posters.
(2012-08-04, 20:12)stoof Wrote: Thank you so much for this great app. I have one question which I hope hasn't been asked before. I have tried to go through all the pages.
I'm running the app on iPhone and control XBMC on Windows. Is there anyway to make XBMC active if some popup window or anything else has taken focus?
nope, change windows focus is an OS dependent area and the remote can act only inside XBMC "area".

(2012-08-05, 05:29)denEdubs Wrote: I'm using banners for my TV shows, but the remote shows them all squished up into poster format.

Is there any way to force it back to banners? I've tried refreshing the cache, but it still loads the banners as posters.
Editing the server list you can enable/disable the "Prefer posters for Tv shows" switch, so you can enable/disable banners for Tv shows list.
Is there any way to keep the remote from clearing a playlist if you accidently "click" a song instead of click-holding to to add to que? This is so annoying! If I accidently touch the screen or a guest inadvertently clicks a song during a get-together it clears the playlist........

This keeps this app from being ultimately useful to me as I use it primarily as a jukebox controller.
(2012-08-05, 22:19)nottaway Wrote: Is there any way to keep the remote from clearing a playlist if you accidently "click" a song instead of click-holding to to add to que? This is so annoying! If I accidently touch the screen or a guest inadvertently clicks a song during a get-together it clears the playlist........
Under device settings, there is the xbmcRemote system options. With "Don't autostart song" enabled, when you click a song an action sheet ("Queue after current", "Queue" and "Play") is showed instead of auto-play the song (same behavior when long press).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1150502
(2012-08-06, 00:16)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 22:19)nottaway Wrote: Is there any way to keep the remote from clearing a playlist if you accidently "click" a song instead of click-holding to to add to que? This is so annoying! If I accidently touch the screen or a guest inadvertently clicks a song during a get-together it clears the playlist........
Under device settings, there is the xbmcRemote system options. With "Don't autostart song" enabled, when you click a song an action sheet ("Queue after current", "Queue" and "Play") is showed instead of auto-play the song (same behavior when long press).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1150502

YES! TY!
Gestures are working beautifully, cheers!

I have some issues with picture 'playback' via the app:

1. If I enable "don't autostart song" in the app settings, it's impossible to select a photo via the in-app picture browser. I think pictures should either have an additional long-press menu or detail window with a 'show' button (similar to the 'play' button for movies), or better: they should not be affected by this song setting at all.

2. If I use the app's remote control to navigate xbmc's menus into the pictures menu and select a photo, the photo properly appears on xbmc, but then xbmc goes mental (crazy hd activity, high cpu usage) and the app loses its connection and will keep disconnecting non-stop. It seems to be playlist related, because upon reconnecting the playlist loading indicator appears and then it disconnects again. Also, if you somehow get a single item in the app playlist, this problem disappears.

3. About the picture 'playlist': items show a duration of "0:01" or "82 min" or "1975". These numbers don't make any sense, especially not for image files.

4. I'd expect there could be some slideshow option accessible from the picture menu of the app, perhaps as button below the file browser, or via long-press on a photo/folder.
@dracula, yeah seems that with gestures the user experience is pretty good (has totally replaced the ir remote in my case!!! but, as always, there is still room to improve)

1. Right, it's an incongruence/bug
2. That's strange, never had this behavior. I need to deep investigate
3. Right, another incongruence
4. Right, a "start slideshow" from the selected photo should be here and this will solve the issue at point 1.

So, you are right: pictures section needs more attention.

@ALL: recently frodo commits, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1163499 , breaks the remote app compatibility with frodo prealpha. Until an app update is released, if you want to still continue to use the remote app, I highly reccomend to you not to upgrade xbmc frodo to a version after the linked commits, otherwise you will experience a festival of crashes of the remote app Rolleyes
How can I get iOS xbmc remote to work with MPC-HC as an external player?

The only button I've found that works is the "stop playback". It would end the video and close MPC bringing me back to xbmc.

Ideally, I would like to get play/stop/forward/backward/volume to work.
I have to look into the feasibility, never used external players. I think that I can control only XBMC. If you have tested that "stop playback" works, seems that the "stop playback" that the remote app sends via a standard api, is catched by XBMC that stops the external player. As well, if different playback actions aren't sent from XBMC to the external player, I think that's hard that your wish can be accomplished.
Hey there.

First off, wonderful App. Looks stunning on my Ipad.

Unfortunately I seem to have a problem with larger libraries. If I add one source of e.g. 500 movies everything is fine, even after a restart. If I add another it is still ok as long as I remain in "Watch your movies". Once I exit, the list is empty until I remove the source that exceeded the critical amount of entries from the database and refresh. So far I tried changing the port and removing credentials on my XBMC installation (network settings).

Since the app is capable of handling at least 1800 entries (see opening post) I can't really figure out what's the problem. My computer is an Intel Core i7 at 4,3 GHz. The movies and thumbnails and so on are stored on a logical volume consisting of three 2 TB drives under Windows 7. The system runs fine and fast. I also tried it on my Iphone. Same behaviour. In contrast, the similar official Android remote works fine.

Do you guys have any hints or tweaks I could carry out?

Thanks.
@hubfred wow, something surely is going wrong. As you write, seems that the problem could be inside the source that you add instead of the number of items. Which XBMC version are you using? If I understand well
Quote:If I add another it is still ok as long as I remain in "Watch your movies".
at least one time the entire movie library is correctly loaded or at the first reload the list is empty?
From XBMC gui you can browse normally the library? (library mode, not file mode)
If you use just only the source that seems trigger the bug, you can browse from the remote app this part of collection?
hi and thanks for replying.

I use 11.0 stable (but I also tested a pre-Eden and a pre-Frodo XBMC). I'd like to add 4 or 5 movie sources in total. I tested my SD movies (~ 500 entries) at first. That worked. Then I added another source with app. 200 movies (in folders). They all showed up (If I recall correctly I added three sources in total). So a large part of my library is correctly loaded. Once I leave the "Watch your movies" section they are all gone. They only reappear when I delete e.g. the second source so it seems as if the critical value is somewhere around 600 items on my machine. XBMC itself works flawlessly with all of those sources plus a few hundred albums and some TV shows. So does the Android app.

I haven't tried your last suggestion yet. Will give it a shot in the evening. Maybe I can narrow down the error search that way.

Thx.
Yes, try this please. Number of movies should not be the issue, in the past I had an issue when in the library there was movies without title, using custom movies Nfo files. Did you use Nfo files? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp..._nfo_Files
I use one nfo-file per movie/episode. I have no title-less movies, but some duplicates (same movie, but different quality). What does custom movies nfo files exactly mean, like I edited them manually?

Thank you.
no, not necessarily. But maybe in a Nfo file is missing an info that the app instead expects, invalidating the final result. It's an hypothesis, let's see if the problem resides in that portion of the collection. If confirmed, maybe a build of the remote app with some debug info in that part of code could help me to discover the bug.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8