• 37(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
I don't know if I am overlooking something, but I'm having trouble with the Music library. When I select Genres, the list automatically gets sorted by year. I want it sorted by Artist instead, which seems like a much more useful way of listing the contents of a Genre anyway. Is there any way to enable that? It would be even better if it was possible to go the way of Genre > Artist > Album.

Also, is there any way to change the default action when you tap Music? Right now it defaults to Artists, which in my case means I have to wait for 20 seconds before I can tap the Genre-button... I _do_ have a lot of albums in my library ;-)
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
@x5nder right, genre contents sorted by artist should be better, it was a choice based on my taste! exposing the kind of sorting could be the better way too (and the sorted by artists is the default).

Regarding the default action when entering in the Library, I'm working in a solution that prevent this two steps (Library > Section), exposing the sections directly as items from the main menu.
But this is a second phase, at the first phase I'm working in a solution to avoid the "back, back, back" behaviour while browsing the library and you want to come back to the main menu.
@joethefox I'll keep an eye out for new versions of the app then :-) glad you understand!
Love your user icon by the way... DOTT rules, haha...
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
eheh...

"I feel like I could... like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD", my hero
Hi there, first of all I'd like to thank you for this awesome app ! Almost all works fine. My system is a netbook Win7 32bit, xbmc Eden, ipad jb with ios 5.1.1
The little issue is with the cover arts, that aren't shown on the ipad. But if the selection of the tracks is made from the pc, covert arts appear on the ipad. So the problem is with the selection from the tablet.
Hoping to find a solution
Ciao
Had a problem. My normal WMC remote had the skip ahead buttons disabled. Had to uninstall to get them back.
@aladar, thank you! We are talking about cover arts for movies, tv shows or music? If you says tracks, I suppose we are talking about music. Are those albums added to the music library or are selected via file mode?

P.S. Lodi in nazionale Wink

@ktjensen, may you unzip the help request? Huh
Hi Joe, you've given me a big clue ! After added and scaned the library now selection is by music library and cover arts are shown !
It seems we're very close.... Grande Gomez !

Ciao (from P.zza Borgo)
this remote is fantastic in terms of functionality. but im stickler for detail and that is a god awful app icon. you should change it....

im a also a graphic designer and would be glad to donate my services should you need the help
(2012-10-13, 07:48)swalter Wrote: Well, it's 24h later and all is working. Nothing rebooted afaik, but we're good as of now. Thanks!

Ok, some weeks later and the connection is intermittent to my iPad and 2 other iPhones I have tested (iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, both running iOS 6. Connection works as expected for Constellation, and for the collect3 XBMC Remote. Router is rebooted. Web GUI works.

Thanks for any input.
@aladar, glad to know and greetings from the Viale, Catania \m/

@graphiccontent, thank you!
It's a while that was decided to substitute the most beautiful and misunderstood icon in the world!!! There is an icon that has nothing to do with the context? It's the remote app icon!

I'm kidding of course and I am conscious that I have to bend me to the will of the people (you're not the only one who have it pointed out). You don't see the reference to the pop art and to the Andy Warhol's Campbell’s Soup Can?
Image > Image
A guy is already working on it, but maybe we can join our force to realize the most most beautiful app icon in the world!

@swalter, I'm sorry about your issue, a look to the xbmc.log could help me to understand if something strange is happening on XBMC side. To upload the debug log use a pastesite such as http://xbmclogs.com or http://pastebin.com .
More info on debug log file http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file (read the warning)

The app every two seconds checks if XBMC is online, otherwise you'll see the disconnect behaviour. There were some issues on xbmc side in the past month with alpha builds, but the issue has already gone and IIRC you are on Eden. So waiting to see the xbmc.log, may you try to change the wifi channel on the router?
Hello everyone,

I just recently started using XBMC on my Windows 7 PC. It's all running fine, playing files from my synology. Now i wanted to try out the remote app on my iPad2/iPhone4. They both detect the XBMC setup when i press find XBMC. After entering my username and password and saving the config, just nothing happens. Am i missing something to complete the connection? I selected it in the serverlist, but just nothing happens.

Thanks,

Omisys
Hello, your steps are right. Have you set a not simple password that contains special characters such as the '@' in the XBMC GUI?
@joethefox : why is @ a problem in password for most of the iOS remotes ?

Xbmc authentication is http basic ones, so you can use some code as simple as :

Code:
String userpass = pRemote.Login + ":" + pRemote.Password;
String basicAuth = "Basic " + new String(Base64.encode(userpass.getBytes(), Base64.NO_WRAP));
con.setRequestProperty("Authorization", basicAuth);

To set an http header with the correct base64 encoded value that works with all special chars.
@Tolriq, why is '@' a problem in password for most of the iOS remotes sincerely I don't know, I know that I forgot to encode the authentication. So until I don't remember to fix the forgetfulness, I need to know if this could be the issue !
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8