• 38(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Hi there, can xbmcRemote switch movie audio and (with turn off option) subtitle tracks?
Hi Smelina, yes you can with the remote control view. This is the quick help:

there are two buttons, one to runs thru subtitles and one to runs thru audio streams.
a video that shows some work on the fanart and clearlogo support:
This application is the most usefull piece of software I have on my iPhone. Good job, joethefox :-)
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already but is there any ETA on when the app will be updated to support XBMC Frodo? I have a Raspberry Pi and would love to use this app again like I did with my ATV2.

Now that HTTP has been deprecated in the newest Frodo builds the keyboard function of this app no longer works.
@Smelina, thank you, I really appreciate!

@lowridin_guy, the keyboard functions should work with the newest frodo! which versions of the remote app and XBMC are you using?
(2012-11-09, 16:59)joethefox Wrote: @Smelina, thank you, I really appreciate!

@lowridin_guy, the keyboard functions should work with the newest frodo! which versions of the remote app and XBMC are you using?

I am using RaspBMC RC5 with the 11/07/12 nightly build. I am also using the most current version of this app that is in the Canadian App Store. Don't know the exact version number as my iPod is at home.
The remote function comes up on the iOS screen, but has a very bad lag when pressing the keys. Makes using the keyboard in the app impossible.
@lowridin_guy understood, so the keyboard function of this app works but with a very bad lag.
Here with the 07 november 2012 nightly build everything seems works as expected. We need to investigate what's happening on XBMC side when the lag occurs, I need to look into your xbmc.log.
To upload the debug log use a pastesite such as http://xbmclogs.com or http://pastebin.com .

More info on debug log file http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
Thanks I will try to get a log file for you this weekend. Just as a side note, I have been using the Yatse app with my Android phone with no issues.

This lag is happening on mine and my two friends Pi's using the same versions.
so probably I'm doing something that the raspberry doesn't digest, but I can't reproduce the issue on my side. So an xbmc.log could be very helpful to understand, thank you.
Hi all

I need some help big time and I hope you can help. I have had a netgear dg834gt for ages and everything worked no problems using your remote. Now I have upgraded to a netgear dgnd3700v2 and I just can not get the iPad to connect to your remote. I have tried everything I can think of I have even typed the ip number and port number into Internet explorer o my other computer to see if it worked and it picked up the xbmc server straight away.

I have a apple express plugged into the router to that is in the same room as the xbmc computer and when I turned off wifi on the netgear so that the iPad locked onto the wifi of the apple express ithe remote connected straight away to xbmc and worked Now if I tur off the apple express wifi and turn on the netgear wifi it will not work and just can not find anything.

The wifi works as I can access the Internet. It's like the router is blocking the communication from the iPad to the xbmc computer. I have looked at the settings and can not find anything obvious in the netgear menus. I have turned off wifi isolation in the settings and still to working.

If I plug my old router back in it works I just can not understand why the router is blocking the communication to the computer

Has anyone had tis problem or know what going on as its doing my head in the only way to make it work is using the wifi side of the apple express which is inot ideal

Can anyone help

Thanks
Hey great app but I can't seem to get it to work for my iphone 4 running ios 6. I just started using xbmc and configured everything right for the remote and it even shows up on the remote for the iphone, and it checks off when i select it but it still says not connected at the top. Any suggestions would be great, also I tried logging in on safari and it timed out.
Thanks
@joethefox - Thanks! i had forgotten i'd asked about this.. but getting it working would be awesome!
Hey, amazing job on this remote-I have been testing this app along with Commander and Constellation and keep coming back to this one due the clean, easy to use interface.

Question:I do have one question:Add-on control...is there any? Specifically i am looking to control Rdio with this remote through xbmc. It seems to be possible with constellation but I'm not feeling the layout in that one.

Request:I'd love to see a shuffle entry atthe top of every music list(album/song) similar to the official apple remote app, much cleaner than the 'hold, then tap playall' setup.

Thanks for the app, thanks for listening and thanks for the response in advance.

Jason
@meridius, have you checked inside the firewall rules of your netgear dgnd3700v2? seems a firewall issue. Page 74 of your manual http://www.manualowl.com/m/Netgear/DGND3...ual/287244 , shows how to configure the rules.

@thegreatenad, same as meridius, seems a firewall issue.

(2012-11-11, 16:16)danmedhurst Wrote: @joethefox - Thanks! i had forgotten i'd asked about this.. but getting it working would be awesome!
it works now!

@StealthyMonk, under music section, there is a "Music Addons" row, check if there you can find your radio addon. For the shuffle question I'll see if something can be improved in this section.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8