• 61(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2013-02-01, 22:24)ghostelement Wrote: Movie posters show up for me correctly in the library view mode.
hum... strange. Can you try to set again a poster just for one/two movies and see then if in the remote app those posters are displayed correctly ?

@smilerz, can you try the same thing as ghostelement?

@coercity, nope it's a behaviour that the remote app can't control.

@KorT3X, @mstan, I'm seeing that OSX users have problems with non UTF8 strings, your pathnames/files/title have "foreign" chars? seems that you are in the same conditions of this ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13878
@joethefox I have spaces in folders and movies titles. Nothing else.

Do you think this is it ?
no space char should not be the problem, I'm talking about chars like ° ç é ñ
I only have spaces and brackets in the folder and title names.

Example:

smb://hd/The Social Network (2010)/The Social Network (2010) - 1080p.mkv

The problem is elsewhere ^^
(2013-02-03, 13:25)joethefox Wrote: no space char should not be the problem, I'm talking about chars like ° ç é ñ

So what's the solution? Eliminate those characters? (I have quite a few of those in the classical genre and just found some Japanese kanji characters in a Japanese jazz album). BTW, I am running ZEVO ZFS (case sensitive) FS. No problems with any video files on XBMC remote or audio on iTunes remote app.
(2013-02-03, 18:26)mstan Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 13:25)joethefox Wrote: no space char should not be the problem, I'm talking about chars like ° ç é ñ

So what's the solution? Eliminate those characters? (I have quite a few of those in the classical genre and just found some Japanese kanji characters in a Japanese jazz album). BTW, I am running ZEVO ZFS (case sensitive) FS. No problems with any video files on XBMC remote or audio on iTunes remote app.

I deleted those Japanese Kanjii characters and now I can see the jazz alums under Jazz genre. But still no classical albums in genre view and no albums at all under album view. Odd that the Brazilian alums show up under that genre even though there are some portuguese characters in artist and song names.
@joethefox: any updates on this issue? https://github.com/joethefox/Unofficial-...e/issues/6
(2013-02-03, 19:08)mstan Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 18:26)mstan Wrote:

I deleted those Japanese Kanjii characters and now I can see the jazz alums under Jazz genre. But still no classical albums in genre view and no albums at all under album view. Odd that the Brazilian alums show up under that genre even though there are some portuguese characters in artist and song names.

Well, I spoke too soon. Now the Jazz genre screen is blank again. Still no albums displayed. Seems like music is a whole lot more complex to deal with from a database perspective than video.
Hello- I have been using XBMC Remote on an ipad mini, as the dedicated controller for XBMC running on a G-Box Midnight. Frodo RC1 installed. Overall it works very well.

I have noticed in the "artists" view on XBMC Remote that some artists will not link to the actual albums. For example, I have 20 or so ACDC albums, all very cleanly ripped / tagged, and when I browse "AC DC" by selecting it in the artist list it shows "nothing found". Some other artists do this as well. I cannot find a common theme why some show their related albums but others say "nothing found".

If I browse Artist in XBMC directly on a dispaly monitor, everything is there- e.g. all AC DC albums show up when selecting AC DC as the artist.
I have tried clearing cache on the XBMC Remote, updating library, changed artist and album artist tags on the AC DC albums from "AC/DC" to "AC DC", etc. Nothing works with getting the XBMC Remote to link some artists to their albums. Any ideas?

I even had one instance when a artist showed "nothing found", I clicked on it again and it showed the album. I clicked it a third time and it went back to "nothing found" and I could not get it to come back.

BTW I can play them with XBMC Remote by going to the Album category - they all show up fine there- or going to Genre, works too.
Which of these does XBMC Remote and XBMC support / prefer for tagging?

ID3v2.4 UTF-8

newest revision of the ID3v2 standard. Tags are written in Unicode as UTF-8 encoded string.

ID3v2.3 UTF-16

if enabled, Mp3tag writes ID3v2.3 tags in Unicode encoded as UTF-16 LE.

ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1

if enabled, Mp3tag doesn't use Unicode when writing ID3v2 tags. This is useful if you are using software or devices (like some car radios) which can't read tags stored in Unicode format.
@KorT3X, @kurtlewis, @mstan, please if you want you can PM your device UDID and I'll send to you a debug version where I have enabled the "JKParseOptionLooseUnicode" flag, as thebodster has done http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1314829, to see if the issue is solved (despite this forcing can trigger other issues). My suspicious is that all of you have the same root cause: a bad UTF8 encoded string returned by XBMC. We have to investigate.

@Dattl, no news for the moment
@joethefox - I definitely had bad UTF8 encoded paths/names in the json returned from xbmc**. Agree that hoofing JKParseOptionLooseUnicode in is not really a fix. I just renamed all the problem folders/files and re-scrapped. Now everything is ok again.

The problem is caused by OSX using UTF8 NFD encoding, instead of UTF8 NFC like the rest of the world. See http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr15/

**: When I say bad, I mean not UTF8 NFC encoded. NFD is a perfectly valid encoding.
Joe thanks for the reply- I may be able ot help narrow it down. I just finished re-tagging my entire library last week. I used mp3tag and musicbrainz on everything. I noticed that by default, both mp3tag and musicbrainz are using ID3v1.1 and v2.3 (ID3v1,ID3v2.3) as the default tag write method (writes both types of tags). Tags are actually UTF-16 for ID3v2.3. I went into mp3tag, opened one of the problem albums, stripped tags off and re-added as ID3v2.4 (which uses UTF-8) only. Then updated library in XBMC. Album now shows in XBMC Remote when clicking Artist. Is this helpful?

Odd that XBMC would return a bad string to the remote, when inside itself it displays everything just fine.

I would also like to make a few (humble) feature requests.

1. Would it be possible to have option to hide everything from the left nav except music? We only use the remote for music playback, and the XBMC box runs headless with no display turned on, so having music as the only sole option would be very nice and free up more left column space for viewing playlist. This could maybe be an option in ios "Settings" area for XBMC Remote - similar to XBMC where you can hide these same tabs.

2. Also would like to be able to "hide" the XBMC Remote from left column, and only have it accessible under the power button menu- For my use case, this remote is used by the family only for music playback, with the ipad being the only library interface, and I don't want them poking around on the Remote because there is no reason to do so.

3. Would also like to request that the bottom controls bar is made larger or at least scales larger for use on ipad. It's really hard to poke the small controls especially if your ipad has a case on it.

Love the remote so my suggestions are only in light of helping to make it better as a dedicated media controller.

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of setting up XBMC on my HTPC. I am thankful to have found this app for my remote control dilema. I plan on using MPC-HC as the external player, is it possible to get this app to work with MPC-HC? Sorry if this topic has already been asked (I did a quick search and did not come up with anything). Thanks in advance.
I tried to use XBMCRemote App on Iphone 4S (iOS 5.1) for the first time.

I am able to connect to my RaspBMC over WIFI , and move from left to right on the menu items, as soon as I decide to enter into one of the menu option my remote app stops working and looses connection to my RaspBMC. Huh

I have connected my RaspBMC with wired power-line adapter Internet connection.
Using my 22" LCD Samsung TV as HDMI display.

This is first time I am using RaspBMC.

I am using XBIAN v0.83 on 8GB Micro SD card , Rasp Pi with 512 MB, got it last month (Jan 2013), running with Samsung cellphone charging adapter range from 700mA to 1.2 Amp

Any help will be appreciated.Smile
let me know what am I doing wrong !

Thanks
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8