Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
Wink 
(2012-04-17, 16:10)OkvOkv Wrote: Disable or enable VAAPI or VDPAU makes no difference.
Enable Sync playback to display causes some files to fail.
Menu sound also works now, never did before.
Now both menu and playback sound works simultaneously.

Do the TrueHD/DTSMA tracks work in mplayer or equivalent?

(2012-04-17, 19:49)oo_void Wrote: Couple of comments on this thread ... I'm seeing a lot of general Linux sound issues, and not really AE issues. Can you guys first make sure that your configuration is sane on Eden before trying AE? FYI, once I got my audio configured correctly, I haven't had too much in the way of immediate, audio related problems ... Most of the issues are either merge based (my build from last Saturday has library management problems for instance), or issues that arise after a few hours of use switching between codecs.

Another thing is to make sure that you're building it correctly. We should make sure the OP is correct in terms of flags; I've always built with '--disable-pulse', as recommended in the core thread at one point. Everything has worked, but is that the correct method going forward?
There have been several people that stated their audio environment worked in Eden and did not in AE. I actually would argue that people need to make sure they have a sane ALSA environment by testing via the ALSA tools as well as via an ffmpeg based player like mplayer before proclaiming that it is AE that does not function properly.

The official XBMC linux compile docs do it the way I posted: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...nd_install

Also, I run a source-based distro. I am pretty sure my compile instructions are right. Wink

Edit:
I updated the first post to reflect the nVidia drivers situation. I also added the information about pulse being disabled by default. If those of you who are having issues with the 295.x drivers could keep this thread updated if you get them to work I'd appreciate it. It will be difficult for me to know when they are "working" since those drivers are currently working properly for me.
HTPC: Gentoo linux amd64 w/ xbmc merged with AE

Messages In This Thread
Almost there, but still no HD - by OkvOkv - 2012-04-17, 03:54
RE: AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by wingrunr21 - 2012-04-18, 06:19
AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by Ritzie - 2012-05-12, 18:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4