Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
(2012-06-11, 06:40)Aubrien Wrote: I am using a GT210 ION with the 290.10 NVIDIA drivers. In previous versions I had to specify plughw:X,7 as a custom output device in order to get audio over HDMI. I compiled the latest git version and I cannot seem to get any sound to output anymore and I cannot specify a custom audio device anymore either. From the xbmc log it looks as if the AE is selecting a different device (X,3). I can still use speaker-test to output sound to plughw:X,7 but I have no idea how to get AE to pipe sound to the correct device anymore. All I have is generic HDMI devices in the audio options and it looks like no matter which i select it still uses X,3 not X,7 for playback. Any ideas for a work around so I can just play SD audio again while still using git versions for the newest features? I'd hate to have to roll back as more than just AE is in the git versions but AE seems to have broken all audio output for me.

(2012-06-11, 17:11)forall Wrote: @Aubrien I have the same situation.

sigh. no logs. no aplay -l or aplay -L output. what kernel? what alsa version?

i can just imagine the clusterfuck of posts like these to come when frodo comes out.

Messages In This Thread
Almost there, but still no HD - by OkvOkv - 2012-04-17, 03:54
AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by Ritzie - 2012-05-12, 18:36
RE: AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by furii - 2012-06-11, 17:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4