Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
Hi,
I've upgraded (fresh install) to XBMCBuntu Frodo and am having some issues I believe are related to audio.

Initially I had no sound, which with the advice on adding "started udev-finish" to /etc/init/lightdm.conf resolved (thank you xbmc forum link)

The system now crashes when I play music. Looking in the log I get a repeated line "ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(2)) - snd_pcm_writei returned -11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)". This error gets logged thousands of times throughout a video (43,000 times over a 23min TV show for example) but no noticeable problem on screen. When I play music however the system hangs after a minute or two and eventually switches off.

The log file reached over 1GB. I've pasted the beginning of it to here: pastebin - xbmc.log ... I realise not giving the whole log file rather defeats the point, but I can't upload it all. This second paste is of the returns from some searches within the log (e.g. NOTICE and AUDIO): log_search.

I'm running an atom/ion board (A Giada MI-ION2D3 to be specific). Outputting through HDMI ("Audio Output Device = Default (HDA NVidia HDMI 0)"). I havent touched the defaults of AC3, DTS, LPCM,TrueHD & DTS-HD all = on, ACC capable = off.

Many thanks for any advice, Richard

Messages In This Thread
Almost there, but still no HD - by OkvOkv - 2012-04-17, 03:54
AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by Ritzie - 2012-05-12, 18:36
RE: AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by richardss - 2013-02-17, 20:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4